Digital Print Lab
Offering large-format archival digital printing services for The Sage Colleges.
The Digital Print Lab's mission is to provide large format archival digital printing services to students and faculty of The Sage Colleges. The lab is equipped with high-end printers that are capable of producing archival prints of gallery quality. Our sizing capabilities range from as small as an 8" x 10", to our maximum of 43" x 50' on a variety of media types.
Print Lab Services
Epson Enhanced Matte Paper
Epson Premium Luster Paper
Epson Water Resistant Canvas (Can be painted upon)
other media can be special ordered
- If you do not already have one, create a Dropbox account. Dropbox provides free storage for your files online. You initially receive 2GB of free storage space, but you can earn more free space by referring friends, fulfilling your profile, or connecting your Dropbox to social media sites.
- Download and fill out the Large Format Print Order Form. Save the filled-out form.
- Create a folder in your Dropbox account, naming it with your name. Upload your files for print and your filled-out order form to the folder. Share the folder with Mindy McDaniel (email@example.com). Once shared, Mindy will receive an email notification stating that you have shared a Dropbox folder. This email prompts the start of your print job.
- Pay for and pick up your prints.
The Print Lab's services are limited to the printing of your file. We do not mount or finish prints upon completion. Please use the File Setup Guidelines to prepare your file for print. Please make sure files are ready to print before submitting. We will print files "as is." Correct file set-up is the responsibility of the student or faculty member placing the order. Incorrect orders will not be processed.
If you have any questions, please contact Mindy McDaniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable File Types:
We can accept a wide range of image file types. Please refer to the File Setup Guidelines when preparing your file(s).
Our Print Lab has a three-day turnaround. The deadline for turning in your files is Monday, no later than 4 p.m. Prints will be available for pick-up by 3 p.m. on Wednesday. Prints can be picked up at Mindy McDaniel's office, ADB 307A. You must pay for your prints when your pick them up (cash or check made payable to SCA, Dept. of Visual Arts).
The cost of your order is determined by the size of your print and the surface you would like your image printed on. Our prices are heavily discounted and can only be offered to current students and faculty of the Sage Colleges. The following media are offered at the listed price per square foot.
Enhanced Matte Paper: $4.50 per square foot
Premium Luster Paper: $6.00 per square foot
Water Resistant Canvas: $9.00 per square foot
To determine the price of your print:
1. Multiply the length by the width (to get the total area in inches).
2. Divide that number by 144 (to determine how many square feet).
3. Multiply that number by the price per sq. ft. of your media choice.
Example: 4.444 (rounds up to 4.5)
Example: 4.5 x 6 (luster paper) = $27.00