Applied Behavior Analysis
The department seeks to prepare professionals to provide evidence-based treatments to students with autism, by providing an education that:
- Prepares candidates for Board Certification in Behavior Analysis;
- Prepares candidates to provide excellent services at all levels of behavior analysis for clients with autism;
- Prepares candidates to evaluate, replicate, and design research in the applications of theories of learning and behavior to the treatment of autism;
- Prepares candidates to follow all Ethical Guidelines and Code of Conduct of the Behavior Analysis Certification Board in their work and research;
- Educates candidates in the applications of behavior analysis and advocates it to a broad scope of problems and social needs within and beyond autism.