Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
What You’ll Experience:
- Engage in advanced study of leadership, organizational governance, change theory, and community building
- Generate research-based solutions to significant problems of practice in the field by developing applied research skills
- Participate in a field experience component designed to broaden knowledge and perspectives
- Progress through the program supported by your cohort and team members, your executive coach, advisors and faculty
- Benefit from a nationally accredited program (National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education)
Why Choose the Sage Program?
The high student graduation/retention rate of over 95% owes its success to several design elements:
- The cohort model develops strong collaborative bonds among students that many report have sustained them both personally and professionally.
- While rigorous, students can expect to complete in the 27 month timeframe. Other doctoral programs, with different structures, often extend to many years. This program design is structured to scaffold your progress on your research and dissertation chapters.
- Students report feeling very supported with the assistance of their cohort members, advisor, dissertation chair, executive coach and faculty.
- Program content combines that of highly regarded researchers in the field of leadership with contemporary issues permitting students a lens for studying current issues.
- Field experience provides an opportunity to apply learning in real settings with current district issues and needs.
The Sage Doctoral program has been the most challenging, yet rewarding, experience of my career in education. The greatest strength of the program is the cohort model: it creates lasting relationships that extend beyond the classroom and into everyday practice. I highly recommend this program for any educational leader who is willing to work collaboratively to address the needs of all students and the challenges that system leaders face in the current state of education.