Admission to the Program
The Ed.D. program is limited to qualified candidates who have completed a master's degree or degrees, with no fewer than 60 graduate credits of study in education or related areas, and a GPA of no less than 3.5 in graduate coursework.
Potential candidates will also present teaching or leadership certification and demonstrate potential for educational leadership based on prior work experience.
Other requirements include:
- an application to Sage Graduate School
- three letters of professional reference that address the candidate's potential in relationship to the NYSED nine essential characteristics of effective school leaders
- an on-demand writing sample to determine readiness and capability for scholarly writing
- a current resume
- a statement of career goals supporting the choice to enter doctoral study at this time
- participation in a personal admission interview
- Master level transcripts
Applications completed by January 15, 2016 will be reviewed in January. Interviews will be scheduled in late January and February for acceptance in Fall 2015 Cohorts in NYC and Albany.
Notification of acceptance will be by March 15, 2016.
Applications completed by April 15, 2016 will be reviewed in April. Interviews will be scheduled in the first three weeks of May for Fall 2016 Cohorts in NYC and Albany that have not been filled for acceptance in Fall 2016. Qualified candidates may also be accepted for Fall 2016.
Please contact the EDL office with any questions.