Cohort I Dissertations
On October 13, 2009, the first cohort of doctoral candidates completed their individual and group research. Proudly, the candidate presented their findings at Sage's Inaugural Research Colloquium.
View our photo gallery of the event!
Impact of changing demographics on school systems.
- Dr. Edna Baker, Professional Development in 21st Century Skills in Washington-Saratoga-Warren-Hamilton-Essex Boces
- Dr. Lisa Carr, Perceptions of current principals and superintendents regarding multicultural competencies needed in the 21st century
- Dr. Janice White, Are Schools Preparing Students for the Regional Workforce? Teacher and Employer Perspectives
Issues impacting the current and future pool of system leaders.
- Dr. Stanley Maziejka, Future System Leadership: A quantitative investigation of the role of the New York State principal as the Strategic pathway to the School Superintendency
- Dr. Michael Mugits, The Interim Superintendent: Impact on School Districts During the Selection and Assimilation of the Successor Superintendent
- Dr. Paul Padalino, Superintendent Job Satisfaction in New York State
- Dr. Casey Parker, Obstacles to Black men as Public School Superintendents in New York State
- Dr. Kitty Summers, Career Pathways and Perceptions of Experiences that Influenced the Attainment of the Superintendencey
Leadership succession and how it impacts the organizational health of a school system.
- Dr. Charles Dedrick, Superintendent Succession Planning in New York State: The Politics, Practicality and Personality of Succession Planning for the Superintendency
- Dr. Ryan Sherman, An analysis of Leadership Succession in the Warren-Saratoga-Washington-Hamilton-Essex Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) Region
- Dr. Lynne Wells, Practices used by School Districts When Undergoing a Transition in Superintendent Leadership
Impact of accountability measures, including but not limited to student assessment, on educational organizations.
- Dr. Tom Baumgartner, Socio-economic Status and Teacher Perceptions Regarding the New York State ELA Exam
- Dr. Angelina Bergin The Influence of Federal Accountability Designation on the Morale of Teachers in Public Middle Schools in New York
- Dr. Demian Singleton Value-added versus Status: Comparative Case Studies of the Utilization of Student Achievement Data by Public School Systems
- Dr. Andrew Taylor, Impact of Access, Ability and Attitude on Teacher and Administrator Use of Data for Comprehensive Planning
Changing power and/or authority dynamics within educational organizations particularly as those dynamics influence and are influenced by system leaders.
- Dr. Catherine Allain, The Role of the Superintendent in a Rural Professional Learning Community
- Dr. Mary Theresa Streck, Distributed Leadership and Shared Decision Making: Leadership practices that promote collaboration
- Dr. Robin Young, The Relationship between School Climate and Reciprocal Trust in High Schools