Cohort III Dissertations
On October 13, 2011, our third cohort of doctoral candidates presented their individual and group research results.
System-level Instructional Leadership
- William Crankshaw, The superintendent as instructional leader: Exploring teachers’ values and perceptions of the role.
- Stephen Danna, The impact of superintendent support for curriculum mapping on principals’ efficacious use of maps.
- Barbara Malkas, The urban district leader and systemic implementation of collaborative learning communities: A mixed-method study.
- Carl Strang, The systemic use of data to inform improvement in student achievement: A qualitative study of six school districts.
Alternative Approaches to Education
- Beth Bini, Profile of the New York State charter school principal: A comparative study of charter school and public school leader demographics, experience and preparation.
- Lori Mulford, Instructional leadership preparation for students with disabilities: A qualitative study of preparation and experiences of thirteen novice elementary principals.
Leadership Development Initiatives
- Jill Berkowicz, Common childhood experiences and responses related to the development of leaders of change.
- Peter Hughes, The relationship between superintendents and their senior leadership team: A qualitative study of traditional versus non-traditional superintendents.
- Douglas Huntley, An examination of the extent to which the use of social media by school districts to prepare and communicate the annual school district budget impacts the passage or failure of that budget.
- Christopher Wojeski, The leadership practices of school superintendents with a background in school counseling.
System- level Leadership and School Climate
- Keith Babuszczak, Exploring the relationship among school climate factors and school choice out- migration factors: Implications for urban school leaders.
- Rita Levay, Relationship of mental health supports and students on some instruction with anxiety, depression or school phobia.
- Kimberly Young-Wilkins, A study of New York State African-American superintendents: Their pathways to the superintendency.