News + Resources
2012-2013 News + Resources
- Dr. Cosimo Tangorra, Cohort V member appeared on a panel on WCNY about school consolidation and sharing services with Robert Lowry, Jr., Deputy Director, New York State Council of School Superintendents and Cornell’s John W. Sipple, PhD, January 2014.
- Dr. Angelina Bergin of cohort I, appointed Superintendent of the Brunswick Central School District, July 2013.
- Dr. Jill Berkowicz, cohort III, and Dr. Ann Myers, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership, coauthor a weekly blog, Leadership 360, in Education Week on issues facing school leaders. January 2013.
- Salvatore DeAngelo, cohort V, received the International Society for Technology in Education's (ISTE) "Making IT Happen" award at the annual NYS Association for Computer and Technology in Education (NYSCATE) conference in Rochester, NY. November 2012.
- Sage Research Institute interviews Dr. Ann Myers, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership. November 2012.
- Peter Hughes, Ed.D., cohort III, has been named to the Board of the Albany Leadership Charter High School for Girls as Trustee, Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair. November 2012.
- Fort Ann Central School District awarded Strengthening Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Grant for $60,750, grant was co-written by Stephen Danna, cohort III. October 2012.
- Dr. Mary Theresa Streck, cohort I member, cofounder of Ark Community Charter School, thriving in Troy, NY. Sept. 2012.
- Dr. Charles Dedrick, cohort I member, District Superintendent of the Capital Region Board of Cooperative Education, Times Union "Capital Profile" Interview. Sept. 2012.
- Stephen Danna, cohort III, appointed Dean of SUNY Plattsburgh Branch Campus at Queensbury. Sept. 2012.
- Barbara Malkas - cohort III member, named Superintendent of the Webster Public Schools in Central Massachusetts. July 2012.
- Linda Rudnick, cohort IV, receives 2012 Sage Colleges Outstanding Student Award from the department of Educational Leadership. April 2012.
- Vincent Porfirio, Assistant Dean of Students and cohort IV member, added to Tulane University's Spring Speaker Series. January 2012.
- Dr. Thomas Reardon of cohort IV was published in the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development's (ACSD) New York IMPACT Journal, regarding the theme of the "Whole Teacher," Spring 2013
- Dawn Hochsprung and Moral Courage by Dr. Mike Mugtis, cohort I. Dec. 15, 2012
- The Administrator's Handbook (2nd ed.) edited by Dr. Robert Bradley, School Administrators Association of New York State, 2012
- Wow-Project Based Assessment written by Dr. Colleen Carroll, cohort II, & Amy Shaw Elsworth (3rd grade teacher, Saratoga Springs CSD) published in Educator's Voice, May 2012.
- Dignity for All: Safeguarding LGBT Students written by Dr. Peter DeWitt, cohort II, published by Corwin Press, March 2012.
- The Impact of New Secondary School Principals on School Climate by Dr. Mark Stratton, NYSMSA, Winter 2012.
- "Planning and Performance Monitoring" presented by Dr. Robert Bradley (Chair, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership) for the Not for Profit Board Leadership Seminar in Utica, NY sponsored by Excellus, The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties, and the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area, February 15, 2013
- "Schools, Poverty, and Your Future: A Moral Question" presented by Dr. Robert Bradley (Chair, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership), Mohawk Valley Community College Cultural Series, October 23, 2012.
- "Dignity for All" webinar by Dr. Peter DeWitt hosted by Corwin, August 2012.
- "Wow-Project Based Assessment" presented by cohort member Dr. Colleen Carroll and Amy Elsworth (3rd grade teacher Saratoga Springs CSD), WNET Celebration of Teaching and Learning, NYC, March 2012.
- "Dignity for All: Safeguarding LGBT Students" presented by Dr. Peter DeWitt, ASCD Annual Conference, March 2012.
- Dr. Robert Bradley, Chair, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership received the Inaugural Presidential Award from the NYS Council of School Superintendents, September 2012.