News + Resources: 2010-2011
Members in the News
- Dr. Lori Caplan, cohort II member, named Superintendent of Schools for Watervliet CSD. Dec. 2011.
- Elizabeth Wood, cohort IV member, named Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment for Shenendohowa CSD. November 2011.
- Dr. Paul Padalilno, cohort I member, executive coach and adjunct faculty, named Superintendent of Schools for Kingston CSD. Nov. 2011.
- Peter Hughes, cohort III member, named CFO of the year by The Business Review, October 2011.
- Dr. Peter DeWitt collaborates on children's book published by The Record on April 3, 2011 features cohort member Peter DeWitt.
- Hadley-Luzerne school pushing for excellence published by The PostStar on Jan. 19, 2011 features cohort member Steven Danna securing a $850,000 grant for his school district, Hadley-Luzerne.
- Troy educators know higher learning published by The Times Union on Jan. 11, 2011 features cohort members Dr. Fadhilika Atiba-Weza, Dr. Tracy Ford, and Dr. Casey Parker.
- Troy principal receives scholarship published by The Record on Sept. 29,2010 features cohort member Tracy Ford receiving the New York State Council of School Superintendents (NYSCOSS) Raymond R. Delaney Annual Memorial Scholarship.
- Local Author Spotlight: Peter Dewitt published by The Examiner.com features cohort member Peter DeWitt.
- Comparative Analysis of Instructional Language Issues in Ethiopia and the United States, co-authored by Dr. Daniel Alemu, Assistant Professor, Educational Leadership, published in Creative Education, October 2011.
- Surviving a School Closing published in Educational Leadership, May 2011 written by cohort member Dr. Peter De Witt and executive coach Dr. Josephine Moccia.
- The Role and Impact of Interim Superintendents published in the School Administrator, April 2011 written by Dr. Michael Mugtis.
- Find ways to rescue N.Y. school districts. published in the Times Union on March 27, 2011. Co-authored by cohort members Dr. Maureen A. Long and Dr. Jerome D. Steele.
- The Effects of Bullying on GLBT Students, ASCD Express, The Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development, March, 2011 written by Dr. Peter DeWitt
- The Advocate: Looking for the School Librarian: What are the Qualifications? Co-authored by cohort member Jill Berkowicz; School Library Monthly, February 2011
- "Smart Leaders Develop Talent" presented by Dr. Robert Bradley, 2011 New York State Council of Superintendents Fall Summit, September 25, 2011.
- “Students that "Get into Trouble for Breaking the School Rules": A Self Reported Answer. A Quantitative Study Using the NCES' National Longitudinal Data (ELS:2002)” presented by Dr. Daniel S. Alemu (Assistant professor of Educational Leadership) and Jennifer Span (a candidate in EDD from cohort 4) at the 2011 NCPEA (National Council of Professors of Educational Administration) Summer Conference Portland, OR, August 3, 2011.
- "Communication and Media Survival Tips for Turbulent Times" webinar sponsored by the Leadership for Educational Achievement Foundation (LEAF, Inc.) and Capital Region BOCES, presenters included cohort member Doug Huntley, May 12, 2011.
- "Increasing the Pool of Administrative Talent" presented by cohort members Dr. Charles Dedrick, Dr. Ryan Sherman, Dr. Lynne Wells
- Four County School Boards Association, Geneva, NY, April, 2011
- Adirondack Area School Boards Association, Glens Falls, NY, March 2011
- New York State School Boards Association, New York City, October 2010
- Rural Schools Association of New York, Cooperstown, NY, July 2010
- "Developing and Maintaining a Great Faculty in Your Schools" presented by cohort member Kimberly Wilkins at the Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA), April 6, 2011
- "Fireside Chat" with Dr. Ann Myers, Associate Professor, at the NYSAWA Spring Conference, March 13, 2011
- "Using Data to Improve Instruction" co-presented by cohort member Elizabeth Wood at the Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA), March 9, 2011