Daniel Alemu, Ph.D.
Department: Educational Leadership
Rank, Program : Assistant professor of Educational Leadership & Director of Doctoral Research
140 New Scotland Ave. Albany, NY 12208
Rathbone Hall, Room 203
- Ph.D., Educational Administration, Illinois State University
- M.S., Educational Administration, Eastern Illinois University
- B.A., Education, Addis Ababa University
- EDL 741 Foundations of Inquiry I
- EDL 745: Introduction to Research
- EDL 747 Research Methods II
- EDL 755 Doctoral Research I;
- EDL 756 Doctoral Research II.
- School Safety
- Education policy and practice in developing countries
- Functional-Dysfunctional Organizations
Selected Peer Reviewed Articles
- Alemu, D. S. and Tekleselassie, A.A. (2011). What lesson can Ethiopia take from the United States in addressing issues of language of instruction? Creative Education (2) 4, 402-
- Alemu, D.S. (2010). Expansion vs. quality: Emerging issues of private-for-profit higher education institutions in Ethiopia. International Review of Education Journal, 56 (1)
- Alemu, D. S. (2010) Missing: Students’ global outlook. Kappa Delta Pi Record Journal, 46(2), 54-
- Alemu, D. S. & Shinault, T.C (2009). A comparative analysis of schools with and without shooting incidences(Using SSOCS data from NCES). Journal for Effective Schools 8 (2) 33-46
- Alemu, D.S. (2007). Do school security efforts make students feel safe? Using the 2002 Education Longitudinal Studies (ELS: 2002).Journal for Effective Schools, 6 (1) 15-24
- Named Global Ambassador of Eastern Illinois University, Charleston,IL, USA, September 2014.
- Distinguished Service Award (Nominee), The Sage Colleges, 2013
- Emerging Scholar Award (Nominee), American Educational Research Association (AERA, Division A), 2011
- Jackson Scholar, University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA), 2006, San Antonio, TX.
- Northeastern Educational Research Association, (NERA),
- American Educational Research Association, (AERA)
- National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA)
- American Evaluation Association(ACA)