Laurae Coburn, Ph.D.
Department: Health, Physical Education and School Counseling (HPSC)
Rank, Program: Assistant Professor, Professional School Counseling
Office: Education 205B
- Ph.D., Counselor Education, Ohio University
- M.S.Ed., Counseling, Ohio University
- B.S.Ed., Elementary Education, Ohio University
Professional Education Certifications:
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Vermont) (LMHC)
- Licensed Addictions Counselor (Vermont) (LADC)
- SCP 540 Knowledge, Skills and Contextual Dimensions of School Counseling
- SCP 555 Group Counseling in the Schools
- SCP 596 Incorporating Mindfulness into Your School Counseling Practices
- Mindfulness Practices in Counseling
- Grief Counseling
- Coburn, L. (2009) Descriptive research. The Encyclopedia of Counseling. Erford, B. (ed). The American Counseling Association, Alexandria: VA.
- Coburn, L. (2007). An intern misperceived. Critical Incidents in Supervision, Tyson, L (ed). The American Counseling Association, Alexandria: VA.
- Coburn, L. Teaching and Learning in the Here and Now. Presented at the 2012 National Social Science Conference. Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Jarvis, D., Coburn, L, Phillips, K, & Monnat, M. Your New Best Friends: Building Relationships with your Local Hospital CEO, FQHC Director, and Primary Care Providers. Presented at the 2011 National Council Mental Health and Addictions Conference. San Diego, California, May 2011.
- Coburn, L. (participant in panel presentation). Cyber Bullying:Keeping Children Safe. Albany, New York, December, 2010.
- Coburn, L., Noble, D., & O’Brien, D, A Model for Local Integration. Presented at the 2011 Behavioral Health Network of Vermont Annual Conference.
- Coburn, L. Creating Outcome Based Rubrics for School Counseling Programs. Presented at the 2008 North Atlantic Regional Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference, Portland, Maine.
- Coburn, L & VandeMark, C. Emotional Intelligence, Anger Management, and Bullying. Presented at the 2007 New York Marriage and Family Therapists Conference. Troy, New York.
- Coburn L. & Pickering, D. Incorporating Social Justice Principles into Community and School Counselor Preparation Programs. Presented at the 2007 National Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference. Columbus, Ohio.
- Coburn, L. Challenging Traditional Models of Grief Counseling: The Role of Individualized Approaches in the Treatment of the Bereaved. Presented at The 2006 New York Counseling Association Annual Conference. Saratoga Springs, NY
- Pickering D, & Coburn, L. Incorporating Social Justice Principles into Community and School Counselor Preparation Programs. Presented at The 2006 North Atlantic Regional Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference. Lake George, NY
- Pickering D, & Coburn, L. Incorporating Social Justice into Counseling and School Counseling Preparation and Practice. Presented at the 2006 Counselor’s View of Italy Tour. Regello, Italy.
- Faculty Development Committee (2007-2010)
- CACREP Site Visit Team
I am a certified Yoga teacher, I love to garden, and enjoy my mountain home in Vermont.