Lori Finn, Ph.D., BCBA-D
[Lori Finn, Ph.D., BCBA-D]
Department: Applied Behavior Analysis
Rank, Program: Assistant Professor, Center for Applied Behavior Analysis
- Ph.D., Psychology (Learning Processes/Behavior Analysis), The Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York
- Dissertation: Peer Pyramidal Training: Effects on Direct Support Staff Teaching Skills and Generalization of Trainer Skills
- M.Phil., Psychology, The Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York
- M.A., Psychology, Queens College, City University of New York
- B.A., Psychology/Special Education, Clark University
Professional Education Certifications:
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst – Doctoral (#1-04-2099)
- ABA 501: Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis
- ABA 510: Clinical Practicum in ABA I
- ABA 513: Clinical Practicum in ABA IV
- ABA 525: Social, Communication, and Play Skills in Children with ASD
- ABA 601: Professional Practice in Applied Behavior Analysis
- ABA 610: Advanced Topics in ABA
- Pyramidal staff training
- Improving staff performance using behavior-skills training
- Decreasing restrictive interventions
- Online Learning
- Finn, L. L., & Kennedy-Brill, K. (2013). Using Collaborative Partnerships to Support Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Workshop presented at the NYSATE / NYACTE Annual Fall Conference; Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Finn, L. L., & Lipton-O’Connor, J. (2013). DSM-5: What do the upcoming changes to ASD mean? Workshop presented at The Sage Colleges 1st annual Autism conference; Albany, NY.
- Reinecke, D., & Finn, L. L. (2012). Effective Strategies in Online Education. Workshop presented at the New York State Association for Behavior Analysis, 23rd annual conference; Saratoga Springs, New York
- Finn, L. L., & Sturmey, P. (2009) The effect of peer-to-peer training on staff interactions with adults with dual diagnosis. Research in Developmental Disabiliites, 30, 96-106.
- Finn, L. L., & Sturmey, P. (2009) An analysis of the distribution and social antecedents of restrictive behavioural practices in a community day service for adults with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 22, 103-222.
- Finn, L. L., & Marchetti, G A. (2006) A Behavioral Approach to Teaching Staff to Interact Positively and Use Physical Prompting Appropriately: Effects of Behavior-Skills Training and Pyramidal Training. Workshop presented at the Behavior Analysis in Developmental Disabilities Conference, Flushing, NY.
- Finn, L. L. (2005). Peer Training Program to Improve Interactions between Direct Support Staff and Adult Consumers with Mental Retardation. Workshop presented at the Behavior Analysis in Developmental Disabilities conference, Flushing, NY.
- Finn, L. L., Fried, A., & Poulson, C. L. (2004). Improving Staff Interactions with Adults with Dual Diagnoses. Poster presented at the Association for Behavior Analysis convention, Boston, MA, USA.
- Finn, L. L., Fried, A., & Poulson, C. L. (2004). Effect of Behavior-Skills Training on Staff Interactions with Adults with Dual Diagnoses. Poster presented at the Behavior Analysis and Developmental Disabilities Conference, Flushing, NY, USA.
- Developed and maintain the CABA Student Mentor Program
- Maintain the CABA Facebook page
- Assisted in the development and publication of Healthy Choices for Healthy Lives (2008)
- ESE Professional Development Committee chair
- Sage Online Review Committee member
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed journals (Behavior Modification and International Journal of Developmental Disabilities)
- NHPA Early Career Psychologist Committee member
- NADD Accreditation Committee member
- Lives in southern New Hampshire with husband and son.
- Enjoys gardening, reading, hiking, and collecting and selling antiques.