Mary Grace Luibrand
Department: Esteves School of Education
Title: Associate Dean for Advising
Office: Education Building, Room 103
MS in Special Education, The Sage Colleges
- Respond to initial inquiries from prospective students in all of the teacher educations programs including ABA and EDL.
- Evaluate transcripts to determine if prospective students meet the criteria established by NYSED, NCATE, and the Sage Colleges.
- Identify courses to satisfy deficiencies and prerequisites for all prospective education students.
- Develop the initial program of study for all students accepted in the Esteves School of Education.
- Inform students of their acceptance or rejection into our program.
- Suggest ways for rejected students to rebuild their profiles.
- Pre-screen doctorate candidate’s credentials and prepare a checklist for the Program Director.
- Represent SoE at all Graduate School Information Sessions throughout the year.
- Attend Admissions events thorough the year, such as Autism Walk, The Great Northeast Women’s Expo and other events sponsored by the college’s Admissions office.
- Maintain teacher education articulation agreements with area colleges.
- Assist Program Chairs and Office Personnel, as needed.
- Approve professional office staff members’ time sheets.
I enjoy the field of education and working with students who are beginning their coursework to pursue this exciting and fulfilling career. I enjoy spending time with my husband and four daughters. My favorite leisure activity is reading a good book and I love summer weather.