Raymond O’Connell, Ed.D.
Department: Educational Leadership
Rank, Program : Associate Professor, Educational Leadership
Office: West Hall, Room # 203
- Ed.D. Curriculum and Instruction, University at Albany
- M.S. Advanced Classroom Teaching, University at Albany
- B.S. Science Education, University at Albany
Professional Education Certifications:
- NYS School District Administrator
- NYS School Administrator and Supervisor
- NYS Earth and General Science Teacher
- EDL 741: Introduction to Inquiry I
- EDL 755: Doctoral Research I
- EDL 756: Doctoral Research II
- Doctoral Dissertation Supervision
Research and Related Publications:
- Issues related to the recruitment and selection of the school superintendent and principal with special attention to the role gender plays in these processes.
- O’Connell, R.W., Brown, C. E., & Williams, J.A. (2005). 2005 Profile of the New York State Principalship. [Research Monograph]. Albany, NY: School Administrators Association of New York State.
- Volp, F.D., O’Connell, R.W., et al. (2004, September). Snapshot V: A Study of School Superintendents in New York State. [Research Monograph]. Albany, NY: New York State Council of School Superintendents.
- Lankford, H., O’Connell, R. & Wyckoff, J. (October 2003). Our Next Generation: School Leadership in New York State – Availability, Equity and Viability. Albany, NY: New York State Education Department.
- Lankford, H., O’Connell, R. & Wyckoff, J. (May, 2003). Identifying the Next Generation of School Leaders. Albany, NY: University at Albany.
- Talerico, M. & O'Connell, R.W. (2001). Women and Men in the Superintendency: A Case of a Promising Alliance. in Bruner, C.C., & Bjork, L. (Eds.). The new superintendency: Advances in research and theories of school Management and educational policy (Volume 6). New York: JAI Press.
- Cooperative Leadership Award. National School Development Council. 2006-2007.
- Administrator of the Year. Capital District Association of Women in Administration. 2003.
- Collegiate Association for the Development of Educational Administration. Board Member: 1994 – 2003. Vice President for Membership and Executive Committee Member. 2000 – 2003.
- New York State Association of Women Administrators. 1998 – 2002. Co-treasurer and Board Member.
- Greater Capital Region Principals’ Center - Board of Directors. 1996 - 2003.
- Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA) - Board of Trustees. 1993-1997, 1999- present.
- Rensselaer County Junior Museum - Board of Trustees (1986-1991,1994-96). Served as President, Vice President and Treasurer.
Golf, travel, canoeing, hiking and fishing.