Tiffany Powell-Lambright, Ph.D.
Department: Teaching and Inclusive Learning
Rank, Program: Assistant Professor, MAT Mathematics
Office: Education Building, Room 205
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
Doctor of Philosophy in Curriculum and Instruction, 2009
- Hunter College, New York, NY
Master of Science in Education, 2000
Emphasis: Mathematics Education
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Bachelor of Arts, 1995
Majors: Elementary Education and Psychology
Professional Education Certifications:
- Permanent Certification, New York State Department of Education, 2001
- Common Branch License (N-6), New York City, 1996.
- EDU 502 Critical Thinking into Research
- EDU 594 Teacher-Researcher: Portfolio
- MTA 594 Culminating Project: Multiple Literacies
- EDU 574 Reading and Writing across Content Areas
- EDU 579 Social Justice in Literature
- MAT 512/513/14 Secondary Methods
- MTA 578 Effective Teaching of All Students
- Culturally Responsive Instruction
- Diversity/Equity Issues
- Mathematics Education
- Teacher Education/Pedagogy
- Professional Development
- Tiffany Powell-Lambright (2013). Meeting the needs of diverse learners through instructional and professional paradigm shifts. Paper/Presentation. Professional Development National Conference. New Orleans.
- Tiffany Powell (2011). Wow, this really works! Culturally Responsive Teaching in Mathematics. Presentation/Discussion. Equity Alliance at Arizona State University Annual Conference. Phoenix, AZ.
- Tiffany Powell (2007). The Influence of Signification, Legitimation and Domination on Mexican-American Paraprofessionals in a Math Methods Course. Paper presented at annual conference of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago, IL
- Tiffany Powell (2006). The Power of the Pen in Mathematics.
- Facilitator of workshop sessions for pre-service and in-service teachers at the annual conference of Kansas Association of Teachers of Mathematics, Manhattan, KS.
- Tiffany Powell (2006). Scaffolding Strategies for ELL’s in Mathematics. Kansas Association of Teachers of English to Students of Other Languages. Workshop for faculty, administrators, in-service and pre-service teachers, Manhattan, KS.
- Tiffany Powell, Sunita Sangari, and Enrique Domingo (2005). Bridging the Gap Numeracy: An ELL Experience. 28th Annual New York State Association for Bilingual Education conference. Workshop session that highlighted Department of Education initiatives, Mt. Vernon, NY.
- Tiffany Powell-Lambright (2012). Where is Equity in the Common Core Learning Standards. Presentation. Midwest Equity Assistance Center. Kansas City, MO.
- Tiffany Powell (2010). Keeping it REAL: Insights on Student Leadership. Workshop presents an overview of the REAL Scholars Project and provided practical tips for developing student leadership programs as a means to bridge opportunity gap for multicultural students. Best Practices Summit, Omaha, NE.
- Tiffany Powell (2005). Discovering the Secret of Patterns: Grades 3-6, New York City Regional Parent Conference. Workshop focused on standard based instruction embedded in curriculum materials, New York.
- Tiffany Powell (2010). The “Dynamics” of Diversity. Young Professionals of Reno County. Workshop provided insight and tools for managing diversity in the workplace. Hutchinson, KS.
- Tiffany Powell (2007). Understanding the Needs of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students. Kansas Association of School Counselors (local branch). Workshop. Emporia, KS.
Service to Sage/Field/Community:
- Faculty Development Committee, Proposal Reviewer, 2012
- May College, Professional Development, 2012
- Book Reviewer, Corwin Press, 2010-Present
- Troy School District, Culturally Responsive Professional Development, March 2012
- Troy School District, Culturally Responsive Professional Development/Training, School-Based, 2012-Present
Partnerships: Troy School District
Personal: I enjoy spending time with my family (husband and two daughters), engaging in creative projects and watching thought-provoking movies