Tracy McLeod, Ph.D.
Department: Teaching and Inclusive Learning
Rank, Program: Assistant Professor, Special Education
Phone: (518) 244-3132
Office: Education Building, Room 204
- Ph.D., Teaching and Learning- Special Education, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
- M.S., Curriculum and Instruction K-8, University of Wisconsin at Whitewater, Whitewater, WI
- B.S., Sociology/Criminal Justice, University of Wisconsin at Whitewater, Whitewater, WI
- DipEd., Elementary Education and Biology, Bethlehem Moravian Teachers’ College, Jamaica
- EDU 588: Building Classrooms as Learning Communities
- EDU 337: Classroom Management
- EDU 599: Educating All Students
- Professionals, Family, and Community Collaboration
- Diversity and Equity in public schools
- Culturally responsive classrooms
Qualitative research methods/techniques
- Community-based Participatory Research
- Action research
- Grounded Theory
- Content Analysis
- McLeod, T. A. (2012). First-generation English-speaking West Indian families: Understandingof disability and special education. Multiple Voices for Ethnically Diverse Exceptional Learners, 13(1), 1-16.
- McLeod, T.A. (2013, April). Exploring the Role of Culturally-Based Concepts of Disability and Special Education. Panel Presentation at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- McLeod, T.A. (2012, April). First-generation English-speaking West Indian families:Understanding the concepts of disability and special education. Poster presentation at the 95th Annual Council for Exceptional Children Conference, Denver, Co.
- McLeod, T.A., Malhotra, K., Puccinelli, M., Gutman, L., Kesten, S., Zwerling, H., & Aldarondo, E. (2012, August). Invited Lecture: Understanding Fathers’ Involvement in Children’s Lives. American Psychological Association (APA) Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Avalos, M., Zisselsberger, M., Bengochea, A., Doorn, K., Iuhasz, N., McLeod, T.A., Pontier, R., Puccinelli, M., Sembiante, S., & Thorrington, V. (April, 2012). Operationalizing a Linguistic Framework for Math Texts to Inform and Improve Instruction for English Learners. Panel Presentation at the American Educational Research Association Annual Conference, Vancouver, Canada.
- McLeod, T.A. (2011, April). Engaging African Identity: Exploring the Personal Narratives of a Graduate student Attending Predominantly White Institutions. Round Table Presentation at the American Educational Research Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- McLeod, T.A. (2011, April). Exploring how my African Identity was shaped by Attending Predominantly White Institutions. Poster Presentation at the Research and Creative Forum, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL.
- Cavendish, W., McLeod, T.A., Espinosa, A., Mahotiere, M., & Menda-Marshall, A. (2010, October). Response to Intervention: Challenges and Successes in Large Scale Implementation Process. Panel Presentation at the Great City Schools Conference, Tampa FL.
- McLeod, T.A. (2010, October). The Challenges of Involving Immigrant Parents of Students with Disabilities in the Educational Process. Panel Presentation at the American Educational Studies Association (AESA) Annual Conference, Denver, CO.
- McLeod, T.A., & Ward, S. (2008, May). Is there room for Critical Race Theory (CRT) in Special Education? Round Table Presentation at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, Manhattan, NY.
- McLeod, T.A. (2008, October). Addressing Challenging Behaviors in a Cultural Context in our Nation’s Schools. Panel Presentation at the Wisconsin Council for Children with Behavior Disorders Annual meeting, Madison, WI.
Enjoys spending time with family and friends, cooking, decorating, traveling, and going to sport events.