Eileen FitzPatrick, MPH, RD
Instructor of Nutrition
Email: [email protected]
Office: Ackerman Hall 322
- MPH - University at Albany, State University of New York
- BS - Nutrition Science, Russell Sage College
- BS - Psychology, Tufts University
- RD – Registered Dietitian, The Sage Colleges
- NTR 209 ServSafe Essentials
- HMN201 Food, Culture and Nutrition
- NTR402/502 Advanced Food Science
- NTR402/502L Lab for Advanced Food Science
- NTR404/405 Medical Nutrition Therapy
- NTR553 Epidemiology
- NTR601 Seminar
Research interests include obesity prevention. Current work has focused on the role breastfeeding in obesity prevention and includes evaluation of hospital maternity care practices and impact on breastfeeding rates in NYS. Also included is hospital based interventions to improve maternity care practices that support breastfeeding.
Additional research interests address foodborne illness, including epidemiology and risk communication to at risk populations.
- FitzPatrick E, Dennison BA, Bonam-Welge S, Hisgen S, Simino-Boyce P, Waniewski P. (2012) Development of the Breastfeeding Quality Improvement in Hospitals (BQIH) Learning Collaborative in New York State. Breastfeeding Medicine, 8(3) 263-272.
- Hisgen S, Dennison BA, FitzPatrick E, Waniewski P. (2012) Improving Maternity Care Practices in New York Answering the Surgeon General's Call to Action. Breastfeeding Medicine, 7(5)337-342.
- Dennison B and FitzPatrick E. (2011) On the Front Line New York State Policies and Initiatives to Increase Breastfeeding. Breastfeeding Medicine, 6 (5)271-276.
- FitzPatrick E, Zansky S, Anderson BJ.(2007) Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of listeriosis data, New York State 2004-2005 Association of Public Health Laboratories Conference ISOPOLXVI 16th International Symposium on Problems of Listeriosis. Abst.
- FitzPatrick E., Edmunds L. Dennison B. (2007) Positive Effects of Family Dinner Are Undone by TV Viewing. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 107(4)666-71.
- Reviewer for Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Invited Presentations :
- New York State Perinatal Association Annual Meeting 2013 "Breastfeeding Friendly Erie County"
- Cooperative Extension Nutrition Concerns Conference 2012 "Probiotics Beneficial Bugs for your Belly and More"
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Upstate Northeastern NY 2008 "Probiotics"
- The American Dietetic Association
- New York State Dietetic Association
- New York State Perinatal Association
- Inter-Professional Education (IPE) Committee member
- New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Community Chronic Disease Prevention