Doctor of Physical Therapy
Office: Ricketts Hall room 310
Doctor of Physical Therapy - The Sage Colleges
Master of Science, Exercise Physiology - Long Island University
Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy - University of Vermont
Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) American Physical Therapy Association
Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from NSCA
Certified Exercise Expert for Aging Adults (CEEAA) from Geriatric Section of American Physical Therapy Association
Staff Physical Therapist: Sunnyview Outpatient Clinic
PTY 523: Physiological Principles of Exercise and Assessment
PTY 721: Health Promotion & Wellness
PTY 507: Musculoskeletal Systems I
Research interests are in the areas of orthopedics and health and wellness.
- Jarosz W, Vittone D, Hakey-Brusgul J, Haskvitz M. The Physical Therapist Management of Posterior Cervical Pain with a Core Muscle Strengthening Exercise Program: a Case Report. Poster Presentation MA Conference. Nov 6, 2010
- Mott G, Hakey-Brusgul J, Vittone D. The Use of Manual Physical Therapy in the Treatment of Sacroiliitis: A Case Report. Poster Presentation MA Conference. Nov 6, 2010
- Hakey-Brusgul, J. Exercise Programming. Presented at Recreational Therapy Trends and Skills Workshop. The Sage Colleges. Albany, NY Jan 9, 2007.
- Hakey-Brusgul, J, Swanick, K, Vittone D. Orthopaedic Manual Skills. Presented at The Sage Colleges. December 2, 2006.
- Hakey-Brusgul, J. Aging and Exercise. Presented at: Eastern District NYPTA. Glens Falls, NY. November 15, 2006.
- Hakey-Brusgul, J. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Information in Physical Therapy Practice. Poster Presentation MA Conference. Nov 4, 2006.
- Hakey-Brusgul, J. Aging and Exercise. Presented at: St Peters Hospital. Slingerlands, NY. July 26, 2006.
- Outstanding Service to District Award, Eastern District New York APTA 2003
- American Physical Therapy Association: Orthopedic, Cardiopulmonary, Geriatric and Education, and Oncology section member
- NYAPTA Continuing Education Committee Member 1998-present; Co-chair 2006-present
- Treasurer of Eastern District NYPTA 2003-May 20, 2009
- Secretary of Eastern District NYPTA June 2008-present
- NY Eastern District Delegate Assembly Delegate 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008
- Member of National Strength & Conditioning Association 2002-present
- The Sage Colleges Physical Therapy Program Evaluation Committee Sept 2001-present; Chair 2006-present
- Physical Therapy Policy and Procedure Committee 2001-2007, Ad hoc member 2008-present
- Physical Therapy Events Committee 2006-present
- Eastern District Chapter of New York APTA faculty liaison 2001-present
- Physical Therapy Club Faculty advisor 1998-present
- PT Class 2012 Advisor 2009-present
- “Experience Sage” 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- The Sage Security Advisory Committee Jan 2000-2004
- Voorheesville Middle/High School Wellness Committee Member fall 2009-present
- Voorheesville Middle/High School Lunch Committee Member 2010
- Member of Voorheesville PTA 2004-present
- Girl Scout Leader 2004-present
- Girl Scout Service Unit Treasurer 2005-present
- Fitness Expo: Eastern District of NYAPTA 2007-2008
- Senior Expo: Eastern District of NYAPTA 2006-2008, 2010
- Relay for Life: American Cancer Society 2006-2008
Enjoy spending time with family, biking, skiing, kayaking and reading