Gabriele Moriello, Ph.D.
Office: Ricketts 314
- PhD in Health Related Sciences with an emphasis in Gerontology
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
The effect of implicit stereotypes on the physical performance of older adults.
- M.S. in Allied Health
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- B.S. in Physical Therapy
Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- Certified Exercise Expert for Aging Adults
- ABPTS Geriatric Clinical Specialist
- Physical Therapist working privately in home care
- PTY 504: Introduction to the Physical Therapy Profession
- PTY 501: Neuroscience
- PTY 611: Motor Control: Theory & Application
- PTY 647: Analysis of the Professional Literature in Physical Therapy
- PTY 768: Capstone Experience: Evidence-Based Practice and Case Report
- PTY 769: Capstone Experience: Faculty Mentored Research project
- Moriello G, Haller M, Adams A, Belanger A, Collins J, Silverman D, Ignessi A, Cable L, Stone K. Pilot study comparing partial body weight supported treadmill training and underwater treadmill training on running outcomes in those with traumatic brain injury.Effect of forward and backward walking using body weight supported treadmill training in someone with quadriparesis following spinal cord injury.
- Maloney K, Muriello G, D’Acldario M, Lizaru T,Scheice B, George G, Wagner A, Papa L(in press) The effects of body weight supported treadmill training in people with impaired ambulatory ability from a traumatic brain injury. International Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.
- Ehlman MC, Ligon MB, Moriello G. Welleford EA, Schuster K. (in press). Oral history in the classroom: a comparison of traditional and on-line gerontology classes. Educational Gerontology. 2011; 37(a):772-790
- Schwartz S, Gray S, Poli D, Sommer J, Moriello G. Outcomes following treadmill training with partial body weight support in an individual with a traumatic brain injury and multiple CVAs. Journal of Student Physical Therapy Research. 2010;3(1).
- Moriello G, Frear M, Seaburg K. The recovery of running ability in an adolescent male post traumatic brain injury: A case report. Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy. 2009; 33(2):111-120.
- Ligon M, Ehlman, Moriello G, Welleford E. A. Oral history in the classroom: fostering positive attitudes toward older adults and the aging process. Journal of Aging Humanities and the Arts. 2009; 3:1-14.
Peer Reviewed Presentations
- Ehlman Mc, Ligon MB, Moriello G. The impact of oral history on perceived generatively of older adults .International Reminiscence and Life Review Conference. November 18, 2011.
- Moriello G, Denim C, Abraham M, Defrancesco D, Townsley J. The effect of an intense exercise program on mobility and quality of life in someone with Parkinson disease: a single subject design. APTA Annual Conference 8 Exposition. June 10, 2011.
- Ehlmans MC, Ligon MB, Moriello G, Welleford EA, Schusterk. Oral history in the classroom: a Comparison of traditional and on-line gerontology classes. Association for Gerontology in Higher Education, 37th Annual Meeting and Educational Leadership Conference. March 18, 2011
- Moriello G, Cotter JJ, Shook N, Dodd-McCue D, Welleford EA. Can physical objects activate aging stereotypes? Gerontological Society of America, 63rd Annual Scientific Meeting. November 22, 2010.
- Moriello G, Cotter JJ, Shook N, Dodd-McCue D, Welleford EA. The effect of implicit stereotypes on the physical performance of older adults. Gerontological Society of America, 63rd Annual Scientific Meeting. November 22, 2010.
- Maloney K, Moriello G, George G, Wagner A, Papa L. The effects of body weight supported treadmill training in people with impaired ambulatory ability from a traumatic brain injury. APTA Combined Sections Meeting. February 20, 2010.
- The Sage Colleges Summer Grant 2010 for “Pilot study comparing partial body weight supported treadmill training and underwater treadmill training on running outcomes in those with traumatic brain injury”.
Honors and Awards
- Medical College of Virginia Alumni Association Scholarship for Allied Health Professions, 2010
- American Physical Therapy Association, New York Chapter
- IRB Committee