John Marsh, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, School of Management
Administration Building Suite 220, Room 224
The Sage Colleges
140 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
Fax: (518) 292-1964
- Ph.D., Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.S., Economics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S., Physics/Economics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- BUS 325 Financial Management I
- BUS 424 Business Strategy II
- ITK 101 I.Think "Learn"
- MBA 574 Financial Management
- MBA 664 Investment Analysis
- MBA 695 Strategy/Executive Decision Making
- MGT 405 Management Strategy & Policy
John Marsh is an Assistant Professor in the School of Management at the Sage Colleges. In all the courses Dr. Marsh teaches, he strongly emphasizes critical thinking, whether in the form of written analyses or mathematical evaluations. He also values and encourages honest feedback and interaction.
Dr. Marsh's research ranges broadly: Areas of interest include mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance, and statistical methods. He is particularly interested in how and why CEOs manage their compensation during acquisitions and in adapting inductive Boolean algebra techniques to large sample studies. He ha consulted in the areas of cost-benefit analysis and new-program development in conjunction with the New York State Education Department and program evaluation for private colleges.
Dr. Marsh earned his Ph.D. at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s Lally School of Management & Technology. He holds an M.S. in Economics and a B.S. in Physics from Rensselaer. Dr. Marsh has been broadly trained in the areas of strategy, finance, economics, statistics, innovation management, and entrepreneurship.