Madeline Cafiero, EdD
Director, Graduate Nursing Program
Assistant Professor, Nursing
Troy, NY 12180
- EDd, Organization and Leadership, Nurse Executive Program, Teachers College Columbia University
- MS, Nursing (Family Nurse Practitioner Track), The Sage Graduate School, Russell Sage College
- BS, Nursing, The Leinhard School of Nursing, Pace University
- Diploma, Nursing, St. Clare’s Hospital School
December 1998- March 1999: Coordinator of pilot project for Urinary Health Management in the Nursing Home experience trial, Schuyler Ridge Nursing Facility, Seton Health, Troy, NY
January 2000-2001: Chairperson, Consumer Advisory Panel NAFC: Blueprint for continence care in an assisted living setting
September 2001- August 2002 Managed pilot project Urocare: improving access to incontinence evaluations in long-term care
Sub-investigator Overactive bladder study/ McNeil Consumer 2004
Sub-investigator DESIRE trial/ Lilly 2004
Sub-investigator/Study Coordinator Novartis Switch Study June 2006 to June 2007
September 2007: Consultant for NYS DOH Best Practice Research “Dementia and Urinary Incontinence” Kingsway Arms Schenectady, NY
April 2012: Co-investigator for The Health Homes Collaborative, a community-based participatory research study partnering The Sage Colleges and the Rensselaer County Office of Mental Health.
Emory University WOCNEC program, graduation June 2004; certified CWOCN, Nov. 2004
09/10 Capital District WOCN Annual Teaching Day: “Devices for Continence”, Latham, NY
10/10 The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State Annual 26th Annual Convention: “What to Do until the Wound Care Center Opens- A Primer for Primary Care NPs”, Lake George, NY
10/ 11 The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State Annual 27th Annual Convention: “Health Literacy: Can we talk?” Saratoga Springs, NY
06/12 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 27th Annual Conference: “Six Minute Lecture- Health Literacy”, Orlando, FLA.
10/12 Health Literacy Annual Research Conference: “Nurse practitioners’ knowledge, experience and intention to use health literacy strategies in practice”, Bethesda, MD.
Cafiero,M., Maloney-Monaghan, C., Wooldridge,LS., Newman, DK.(2005) Overactive bladder and its impact on quality of life in different patient populations. Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing, 32(3S),2-S2.
Cafiero,M., Carlson, A. Monaghan, C. (2006, May 2) Community bladder screening: improving access to treatment. Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing, 33 (3S),S 26-27.
Alexander,J., Cafiero, M., Camden,S., Conroy,S Milne,C., Rowen,L., Sujeta, N., Tyler, R., & Whitehead, N. (2006, September) Roundtable discussion: Does skin care for the obese patient require a different approach? Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care, 1 (3), 157-165.
Cafiero, M. (2012). Nurse practitioners' knowledge, experience, and intention to use health literacy strategies in practice. Proquest Dissertations & Theses.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Foundation of NYS Nurses Health Literacy Task Force
- Member 2010-2011
- Co-chair 2011
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty
- Nurse Practitioner Association of New York State
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Pi Chapter, inducted 2008
- Undergraduate Counselor 2010-present
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN)
- Peer reviewer Journal of WOCN, 2007-present
- Capital District Affiliate Educational Planning Committee, 2007-present