Caroline Mosca, M.S.
Assistant Professor, Nursing
Ackerman Hall rm 338
Troy, NY 12180
Email: [email protected]
- Ph.D., CUNY Graduate Center - pending
- M.S., Nursing Education, Walden University
- B.S., Nursing, Russell Sage College
- B.A., English, SUNY at Albany
- NSG 323: Nursing Interventions II
- NSG 201:Theoretical Basis of Nursing
- NSG 421: Transitions to Professional Practice
- WLD 420: Women Changing the World
Current: Ongoing study on the effectiveness of online learning for dosage calculation in baccalaureate students. Anticipated completion date: 4/13.
2006-2007: Developed a clinical evaluation tool for use with PDA technology that facilitated immediate, formative evaluation of students in a medical- surgical rotation as part of a practicum project for Walden University. Data collected and analyzed and presented to Maria College Faculty in a college- wide conference.
2005- 2006: Conducted research on nursing student success rates on various components of skills competency at Maria College. Data analyzed and presented to faculty. Ratio of skills in lab competencies changed based on data.
2000- 2004: Managed numerous oncology patients on research protocols.
- Certified CPR Instructor
- Current RN License
- Member of the Curriculum Redesign Committee, Academic Standards Committee, Simulation Committee at The Sage Colleges (2009- present)
- Chairman of Faculty Affairs Committee, Maria College (2006-2009)
- Member of Nominating Committee, Maria College (2004- 2006)
- Ethics Committee, Unit-based Work Team Committee, Albany Medical Center (1997-2000)
- National League for Nursing 2004- 2009
- Oncology Nursing Society 1998- 2002
- Current member of Sigma Theta Tau
- Current member of INASCL (International Nursing Association for Simulation and Clinical Learning)
- Current member of Therapy Dogs International