Frank Vozzo, Ph.D.
Chemistry & Biochemistry
Member of The Sage Colleges Faculty since 1984
Office: Troy Campus, Ackerman Hall room 212
Phone: (518) 244-2495
Click here for Dr. Vozzo's On-line Syllabi and Course Materials (full access for Moodle account holders only).
Click here for Dr. Vozzo's Resources Home Page (available to all).
B.S., M.S., Ph.D., Physics, The University at Albany
- General Physics I & II, with lab (PHY 101/102)
- Physics I & II (Calculus-based), with lab
- Earth Science and Astronomy (SCI 104)
- Solar System Astronomy (SCI 111)
- Stars and Galaxies (SCI 112)
- Forensic Science Internship (CHM 308)
- Introduction to Forensic Science, with lab (CHM 340)
- Women in the World (WLD 120)
- Ion-implantation metallurgy.
- Fluorescense and absorption spectroscopy of rare-earth elements in crystals.
- Educational methods in science, including use of the world wide web.
- Inquiry-based teaching and learning.
Honors and Awards
- President's Vision Grant recipient, 2002.
- Froman Fellows Technology Integration Award, 2000-2001.
- Distinguished Faculty Service Award, 1998-99
Current Departmental Responsibilities
- Department Chair
- Program Coordinator, Russell Sage College Chemistry, Biochemistry and Forensic Science (transcript evaluation, registration, course scheduling and staffing).
- Advisement, Forensic Science majors.
Current College Responsibilities
- Director of Student Learning Outcomes Assessment.
- Secretary of the Curriculum.
- Youth and prison ministry.
- Web site programming.
- Playing in music groups.
- Amateur astronomy.