Terms and Conditions
The Sage Colleges Study Abroad Financial Terms and Conditions:
The Sage Colleges is committed to providing access to students to study abroad. Part of that commitment is making study abroad programs as affordable as possible, therefore, students who attend a Sage or Sage Affiliate program will be billed directly from The Sage Colleges. This allows students to use their financial aid package to assist in covering the costs of a semester or year long program abroad.
Students participating in College affiliated programs will be charged the Sage Colleges tuition and fees rather than the cost indicated in the program’s materials. Please note: If the host study abroad tuition or room and board cost is higher than, The Sage Colleges costs, the student will pay the higher fee.
Students need to have clearance from The Senior Director of Student Financial Services in order to participate in a Study Abroad program.
Students must have completed all necessary financial aid tasks for the semester that they will be abroad prior to leaving for their study abroad semester. Students will need to clear any financial holds prior to studying abroad.
How does Financial Aid work - for Study Abroad Programs?
- Students must be in an approved affiliated study abroad program, as deemed by the Director of Global Education.
- Students must complete all necessary financial aid paperwork and tasks associated with their financial aid.
- Student’s financial aid will be applied to their SAGE Student Account.
- Students are required to pay any out of pocket balance due by the payment due date as published by The Sage Colleges.
- Sage will pay the student’s host institution upon receipt of a detailed statement. In the event the host institutions fees exceed Sage’s cost the Student is responsible for paying the amount in excess of Sage’s costs.
- Students will be billed SAGE Tuition/fees as well as SAGE Room and Board charges where applicable (provided the host institutions cost do not exceed SAGE’S Costs). In the event the host institutions fees exceed Sage’s cost the Student is responsible for paying the amount in excess of Sage’s costs.
- Timing of financial aid posting will remain the same as in prior semesters.
- Scholarships specifically for Study Abroad expenses such as travel can be applied for by contacting Sabrina E. McGinty, Director of Global Education.
- Any scholarships that are awarded by the host institution will be used to reduce the amount of tuition/fees/room and board that is charged to The Sage Colleges.
- The Sage Colleges will not make advances or reimburse scholarships granted by a third party.
*all fees are subject to change without notice