Study Abroad Check List

Before you leave, you'll want to check on the following:

  • Number of credits you need for graduation.
  • Number of credits transferred from other institutions.
  • Number of credits you plan to transfer from a foreign university, if traveling through a non-affiliated program. (Note: You must be registered for at least 12 credits in order to be eligible for federal or New York state aid).
  • Meet with the Director of Global Education to complete all required forms.
  • Letter of acceptance to the program.
  • Academic adviser approval.
  • Registrar's Office approval
  • Leave of absence letter (if you are not participating in a Sage affiliated program).
  • Notify: Student Services Office (which includes the Registrar, Business Office, and Financial Aid Services).
  • Complete application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and New York State Tuition Assistance Program.
  • Submit Consortium Agreement to the Office of Student Financial Services, if necessary.

While your are away, keep in touch by email with your adviser and with the Director of Global Education.

When you return, you'll want to check on the following:

  • Make sure that all the credits you earned have successfully been received by Student Services.