Dietetic Internship Admission Requirements
- Completion of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements by date of admission.
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum overall GPA 3.0 with minimum GPA of 3.2 for DPD courses.
- Work experience in nutrition, dietetics, or food service is desirable, but not required.
- All DPD requirements from an ACEND accredited program must be completed within the past 4 years of applying to the Sage Dietetic Internship. An original, signed copy of the DPD Verification Statement must be provided to the Internship Director before the start of internship. If date on the DPD Verification statement is greater than 4 years prior to the start of internship, the applicant must demonstrate recency in the field by completing a minimum of four courses equivalent to the following Sage Colleges Nutrition Science Department courses: NTR325-Community Nutrition, NTR502-Advanced Food Science, NTR 504-Medical Nutrition Therapy; and NTR 517-Nutrition and Human Disease.
- The Sage Colleges Distance Track Dietetic Internship cannot accept students from states in which we do not have authorization to serve students. A full list of approved and unapproved states is located at sage.edu/spce/stateauth. Please select the list of those programs that have practicum/clinical requirements. If you live outside of New York, please read the following letter. It also explains why we are unable to accept applications at this time from the above states as we are not currently pursuing authorization there: State & Federal Regulations Letter.
It is the policy of The Sage Colleges to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Admission, financial aid, and access to programs will not be influenced or affected in an illegally discriminatory manner by an individual’s race, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Any applicant not selected by the Sage DI may make an appointment with the DI Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be held between May 15 and June 15, to discuss their application and reasons for not being selected by the Sage DI. The appointment may be held in person or conducted over the telephone.
|Experience (work & volunteer)||35|
|Letter of Application||20|
|Letters of Recommendation||24|
|Total score possible:||140|
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an Information Session. More detailed information about the program, work expectations and general information about Sage Graduate Schools will be discussed, an opportunity to ask questions about the internship and meet the director will be provided. Contact the Sage Graduate School Office, (518)-292-8615 with questions concerning information sessions.
Additionally, applicants, who are unable to attend an Information Session to learn more about the SGS DI, are encouraged to arrange a telephone Information Session.
Sage Dietetic Internship
Information Sessions: "http://www.sage.edu/academics/nutrition/
Applicants to the Sage DI may be requested to attend an interview meeting held on the Troy Campus. No interviews were held for the 2014-2015 match; however, we do expect to hold some interviews for 2015-2016. The meeting/interview will include an orientation to the Sage DI, an interview with Nutrition Science Faculty, and a test of nutrition knowledge. In cases when applicants are unable to attend, they are expected to set-up a telephone meeting with the DI Director.