Application and Appointment Process
The Sage Dietetic Internship participates in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS).
Please complete the following 3 Steps when applying to The Sage Colleges Dietetic Internship:
1. Apply electronically via the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS). Information will be available for the Spring Match after December 1st at: http://portal.dicas.org or email DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
- The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2016.
- The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference.
2. Register with D&D Digital – the National Matching Center for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Applicants will prioritize internships for matching. You can begin registering on D&D Digital December 1 and all ranking must be completed by February 15. There is a $50 fee computer matching fee.
- D&D Digital Codes: #471 Distance Track; #472 Onsite Track
3. Complete The Sage Colleges Dietetic Internship Release Form:
In addition to DICAS and D&D Digital, please complete the Sage DI Release Form and mail with the $40 Sage DI Application Fee, post marked by February 15, 2016 to:
Michelle Morgan, MS, RD
The Sage Colleges
65 1st Street
Troy, NY 12180
- The Sage DI Release Form
- A check for $40.00 payable to The Sage Colleges must accompany each DI Application Release Form. This fee is waived for current Russell Sage College and Sage Graduate students and graduates. Only one application fee is required if applying to both the Dietetic Internship and Sage Graduate Schools.
- DISTANCE TRACK ONLY: Complete the Sage “Practicum Rotation Preceptor Sign-up Form” and submit along with $40 application fee and DI release form.
Please Note: If also applying to a MS degree program, a copy of the entire online packet will be forwarded to Sage Graduate Admission Office after the internship review process is concluded. An additional application fee is not required. The DI Recommendation Forms will be used in place of the Graduate School references. A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
1. Notification Day April 3, 2016 at 6pm Central Time: Applicant Notification Day for the Computer Match process for spring 2016 will be April 3, 2016. The Sage Dietetic Internship is not allowed to notify students prior to this date. Students must accept/reject the computer match within 24 hours of Notification Day.
2. Appointment Day: For the Sage Dietetic Internship, applicants are to fax (518-244-4586) or email (email@example.com) the Program Director by 6:00 pm EST (time zone of Dietetic Internship) on April 4, 2016, to confirm the acceptance or rejection of the match. The Sage Graduate School Dietetic Internship forwards a confirmation acceptance letter on or about April 30. Additional program information and directions pertaining to enrollment into the Sage DI are forwarded to each new intern at that time, as well as throughout the summer.
PLEASE NOTE: IMPORTANT APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITIES
As a participant in the computer matching process, it is expected that applicants who receive a match will adhere to the results of the match and accept that match. It is unacceptable to decline a match in order to pursue an appointment to another supervised practice program.
Thursday, April 5, 2016: Beginning at 12:00 pm Central Time, All Dietetic Internship Directors with openings may contact unmatched applicants who were originally on their prioritized list of applicants and offer an appointment. These appointment must be confirmed by April 6, 2016, by 8:00 pm Central Time.
Thursday April 7, 2016: Beginning at 11:00 pm Central Time, names of Dietetic Internship programs that did not fill their class and authorized the release of their name will appear on www.dnddigital.com.
In addition, please do not ask your Didactic Program Director to contact programs with open positions prior to April 7.
SECOND ROUND MATCH INSTRUCTIONS
If the Sage DI has additional openings for interns they will participate in a second round match for the distance track. All placement sites must be secured at time of application. If applying via second round you must: 1) Email Sage DI Release Form and Practicum Rotation Preceptor Sign-up Form to firstname.lastname@example.org; 2) mail in the $40 Sage DI Application Fee, and; 3) Release your DICAS application to the Sage Colleges.