Application and Appointment Process
The Sage Dietetic Internship participates in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS).
Please complete the following 3 Steps when applying to The Sage Colleges Dietetic Internship:
1. Apply electronically via the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS). Information will be available for the Spring Match after December 1st at: http://portal.dicas.org or email DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
- The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2014.
- The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
2. Register with D&D Digital – the National Matching Center for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Applicants will prioritize internships for matching. You can begin registering on D&D Digital December 1 and all ranking must be completed by February 15. There is a $50 fee computer matching fee.
- D&D Digital Codes: #471 Distance Track; #472 Onsite Track
3. Complete The Sage Colleges Dietetic Internship Release Form:
In addition to DICAS and D&D Digital, please complete the Sage DI Release Form and mail with the $40 Sage DI Application Fee, post marked by February 15, 2013 to:
Keri McComb, MS, RD
Associate DI Director
The Sage Colleges
65 1st Street
Troy, NY 12180
- The Sage DI Release Form
- A check for $40.00 payable to The Sage Colleges must accompany each DI Application Release Form. This fee is waived for current Russell Sage College and Sage Graduate students and graduates. Only one application fee is required if applying to both the Dietetic Internship and Sage Graduate Schools.
- DISTANCE TRACK ONLY: Complete the Sage “Practicum Rotation Preceptor Sign-up Form” and submit along with $40 application fee and DI release form.
**An updated Release Form will be posted on April 5th - if the Sage DI has additional openings for interns
Please Note: If also applying to a MS degree program, a copy of the entire online packet will be forwarded to Sage Graduate Admission Office after the internship review process is concluded. An additional application fee is not required. The DI Recommendation Forms will be used in place of the Graduate School references. A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
1. Applicant Notification Day for the Computer Match process is April 6 beginning at 6:00 p.m. CDT via email from D&D Digital Systems. The Sage Dietetic Internship is not allowed to notify students prior to this date. Students must accept/reject the computer match within 48 hours of Notification Day.
2. Applicant Appointment Day: For the Sage Dietetic Internship, applicants are to fax or email the Program Director by 5:00 pm on April 6, 2014, to confirm the acceptance or rejection of the match: (518) 244-4586, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sage Graduate School Dietetic Internship forwards a confirmation acceptance letter on or about April 15. Additional program information and directions pertaining to enrollment into the Sage DI are forwarded to each new intern at that time, as well as throughout the summer.
PLEASE NOTE: IMPORTANT APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITIES
As a participant in the computer matching process, it is expected that applicants who receive a match will adhere to the results of the match and accept that match. It is unacceptable to decline a match in order to pursue an appointment to another supervised practice program.
Programs with open positions will be posted on the D&D Digital Systems Web site only on the following dates: April 9. As a participant in the computer matching process, it is expected that applicants who do not receive a computer match will not contact any program with open positions until the day after the established appointment date of April 9. This will allow the programs time to confirm acceptance from their matched applicants and determine the process they will use to fill open positions.
In addition, please do not ask your Didactic Program Director to contact programs with open positions prior to April 9.