4-Year College Articulation Agreements
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at The Sage Colleges now participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. Applicants applying to the entry-level DPT program for the 2013 entering class and beyond will apply online using the PTCAS application. To learn more about the PTCAS application process, visit www.ptcas.org.
The PTCAS online application portal is scheduled to open in July of each year. Early decision applications must be filed by mid-August, the specific date will always be posted on the PTCAS website.
Please note - all application materials must be submitted through PTCAS once the online application portal is open for the new year.
Sage has developed partnership agreements with several 4-year colleges to guarantee admission to the Sage Doctor of Physical Therapy Program for qualified students. These agreements provide for:
- Preferred acceptance (based on space available) into DPT Program for students who have completed DPT Program course prerequisites, with completed PTCAS application and evidence of academic eligibility;
- Waiver of Sage Graduate School application fee;
- Early acceptance (for students who submit applications through the PTCAS early decision process in the summer before their senior year);
- Advisement to coordinate undergraduate electives and coursework to address DPT Program prerequisites; and
- Opportunity to apply early for graduate assistantships.
Qualified students will:
- Earn a baccalaureate degree prior to entering the DPT Program;
- NEW: Maintain a minimum overall 3.25 GPA in their undergraduate programs and 3.25 GPA in the DPT Program pre-requisite science courses (please note we will be allowing some exceptions on this for the next 2 years in order to help the transition process, especially for those students in their last 2 years of undergraduate studies); and
- NEW: Apply through PTCAS following the early decision procedures as posted.
Sage's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program has articulation agreements with the following 4-year colleges for students to fulfill their prerequisites* and receive their bachelor's degree.
- Castleton State College
Contact: Peter Kimmel; firstname.lastname@example.org
- College at Oneonta
Contact: Lawrence Amstrong; email@example.com
- College of St. Rose
Contact: Dr. Kari Murad; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hartwick College
Contact: Dr. Allen Crooker; email@example.com
- Marist College
Contact: Joseph Bettencourt; Joseph.Bettencourt@Marist.edu
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
Contact: Ann Billetz; A.Billetz@mcla.edu
- Siena College
Contact: Dr. Edward Larow: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skidmore College
Contact: Paula Brehm; email@example.com
- University at Albany
Contact: Suzanne Freed; firstname.lastname@example.org
*Some programs may require additional coursework in order to register for a PT prerequisite course.
For more information on financial aid, go to Sage Graduate School Office of Admission.