Program and Student/Graduate Goals
Overall DPT Program Goals:
- Recruit and retain highly qualified and diverse students to the DPT Program.
- Deliver a quality professional DPT Program that reflects current standards of practice and prepares graduates to be exemplary autonomous practitioners.
- Retain and support quality core and adjunct faculty who demonstrate excellence in teaching, continued growth in scholarship, and ongoing professional development.
- Faculty will serve as role models through engagement in professional, community and institutional service activities.
Student/Graduate Goals: Upon completion of the DPT Program, students and graduates will:
- Be autonomous practitioners able to practice in a safe and competent manner that reflects contemporary standards of practice.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
- Demonstrate professionalism and act in a manner consistent with APTAs Professionalism in Physical Therapy: Core Values, and Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate commitment to making a positive contribution to the profession and the community.
- Be successful in securing employment within the profession upon graduation.