(Clustered by curricular Organizing Elements)
At the end of this program students will:
Foundations & Professional Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of the profession, the scope and role of occupational therapy within the health delivery system, and its contributions to quality of life.
- Establish and sustain therapeutic relationships.
- Articulate a professional development plan that demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors, attitudes and actions reflective of ethical standards and values.
- Communicate effectively in writing and speaking to a variety of audiences
- Advocate for the profession and the people we serve through active participation and membership in community and professional organizations
Evaluation & Intervention in Practice Settings
- Consider culture and other person-environment factors in developing meaningful interventions across clinical and community settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship of theory to practice and the ability to use theoretical models and frames of reference to guide clinical reasoning.
- Select and use appropriate screening and evaluation methods to determine client needs and priorities; make referrals to other disciplines as indicated
- Develop and implement occupation-based intervention plans that support participation in relevant environments.
- Document services to ensure accountability and to meet standards for reimbursement
- Work cooperatively with members of multi-disciplinary teams and other stakeholders within the health delivery system
OT Service Delivery & Research
- Demonstrate knowledge of state, federal and professional standards and regulations that shape community and clinical practice.
- Demonstrate skills in the management of occupational therapy services including supervising and collaborating with others
- Identify opportunities to address societal needs by participating in the development and marketing of OT services
- Use research literature to make evidence-based decisions and engage in research activities that contribute to best practice
- Demonstrate skills in research methods, the development of a research design, and implementation of a research study