Sage Graduate School Dietetic Internship
Notice for 2013 Spring Match Applicants
*** Please Note: For the Spring 2013 match, D&D Digital only allows you to rank The Sage Colleges Full-Time and Part-Time programs and does not distinguish between the onsite and distance tracks. Your DICAS application and supplemental application will indicate to The Sage Colleges your track preference. Please rank the Sage Colleges accordingly, this will include both tracks. We will have this issue resolved for the spring 2014 match.
The Sage Graduate School Dietetic Internship:
- specializes in preparing future dietitians in clinical, food service management, and community nutrition
- offers a group of top-rated faculty active in all areas of the field
- collaborates with specialized dietitians and other area professionals to bring their wide range of expertise to the program
- provides each intern with individual attention and support
- offers five graduate courses that may be applied to a master's degree in either Applied Nutrition, Community Health Education, or Health Services Administration
This program is only for students who have successfully completed at least a baccalaureate degree and minimum academic requirements established by The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics - a didactic program in dietetics-DPD. Successful graduates of the program are eligible to take the registration examination to earn "R.D." status.
Application Information for Fall 2013
The Sage Dietetic Internship will participate in the DI Centralized Application System (DICAS) for the spring 2013 match. The information contained in these web pages are valid for the September, 2013 class. For further details about the program, please contact DI Associate Director, Keri McComb, MS, RD, at (518) 244-2244 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sage DI offers a 2-year MS/DI option for both the Onsite and the Distance tracks. If you are interested in combining a master's degree while completing the Dietetic Internship at Sage, click here to find instructions for admission.
The Sage DI Onsite Track capacity is a total of 16 interns. We receive on average 50 applications per year, of those 6 are preselect Sage students, leaving 10 spots for the DICAS match. The process for selecting applicants is as follows:
- First pass: remove all incomplete applications, and those with GPA < 3.0
- Second pass: review all applications and remove unsatisfactory ones. For example, applications with several negative letters of recommendations.
- Third pass: Each of the remaining applications will be sent to three (3) reviewers who will score the applicant based on GPA, experience, letters of reference, goals statement and other factors. Some of these applicants may be contacted by the DI Director in February 2013 (Please note the meeting at Sage has been cancelled for 2013). A Skype session may also be arranged. Due to volume of applications, we will only be contacting applicants for additional information. if you have not been contacted, it only means we have no questions for you.
- Fourth pass: Reviewers' scores for each applicant will be averaged. Applicants will then be ranked based on the reviewers' average scores as well as information gathered on interview day.
DI Information Sessions
All prospective interns are strongly encouraged to either attend an Information Session or arrange a telephone Information Session prior to completing the Dietetic Internship Application packet, which is due Feb. 15, 2013 for the Fall 2013 class.
Upcoming information sessions:
|Information Sessions for
Fall 2013 TBA
Please contact Ms. Keri McComb at email@example.com if you wish to attend one of these sessions. More sessions will be scheduled for 2013. Please check back often for updated Information Sessions and Admissions Events.
* Please contact Ms. Keri McComb at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding the Distance Track information session.