Dietetic Internship Application Guidelines
AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Applicants are responsible for obtaining current application materials from selected Dietetic Internships (Dl) and Pre-professional Practice Programs (AP4). The basic steps in this process are:
- Complete the DICAS process as outlined on the web site - http://portal.dicas.org.
- Submit to D&D Digital Systems the prioritized list of selected Dietetic Internship/AP4s and the computer matching fee ($50.00) by the deadline date (February 15, 2013). Applicants must register with D&D Digital online at http://www.dnddigital.com/, pay $50 computer matching fee by credit card, enter their contact information and DI priority choices by 11:59 PM CST on February 15, 2013.
- D&D Digital Codes: #471 Distance Track; #472 Onsite Track
- Applicants can reorder Dietetic Internship priority rankings; however, no additional internships can be added to the list.
Applicants please note: DI/AP4 priorities should be selected carefully: no changes will be accepted by D&D Digital Systems once you submit your mark/sense card/online application.
COMPUTER MATCHING PHASE
- The applicant is responsible for notifying D&D Digital Systems, in writing, of his/her decision to withdraw from the matching process if he/she makes other arrangements and will be unable to accept a match that may occur.
- The applicant is responsible for telephoning D&D Digital Systems if they cannot access the D&D Digital Systems Internet site to view their personal matching results on the specified dates (Apri1 7, 2013).
- Applicant matching results will be posted on http://www.dnddigital.com/ from 6:00PM Central Time, April 7, 2013 through April 9, 2013 (Appointment Day). This is the ONLY source of notification for applicants. Each applicant will receive either ONE MATCH or NO MATCH after Log in.
- All applicants who receive ONE MATCH will find the matched DI program name and contact information to accept the matched appointment. The MATCHED DI program is planning that the MATCH will be accepted. Matched applicants must contact the DI Program on Notification or Appointment Day to confirm acceptance of the MATCH. No arrangements should be made with any other DI programs. Applicants who receive NO MATCH will be given other instructions.
- Matched applicants must contact the Dietetic Internship program by telephone, FAX or e-mail on or before 5:00 PM (time zone of the program), April 9, 2013, to confirm acceptance of the MATCH. After this time, the program is under no obligation to hold the opening for the matched applicant.
- Applicants must obtain a signed DPD Verification Statement from their DPD Program Director prior to beginning the supervised practice program (if applicable).
PLEASE NOTE: IMPORTANT APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITIES
As a participant in the computer matching process, it is expected that applicants who receive a match will adhere to the results of the match and accept that match. It is unacceptable to decline a match in order to pursue an appointment to another supervised practice program.
Programs with open positions will be posted on the D&D Digital Systems Web site only on the following dates: April 9, 2013. As a participant in the computer matching process, it is expected that applicants who do not receive a computer match will not contact any program with open positions until the day after the established appointment date April 9, 2013. This will allow the programs time to confirm acceptance from their matched applicants and determine the process they will use to fill open positions.
In addition, please do not ask your Didactic Program Director to contact programs with open positions prior to April 9, 2013.