Application and Appointment Process
APPLICATION + APPOINTMENT PROCESS
The Sage Dietetic Internship will participate in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) for the spring 2013 match. A Centralized Application web site and information will be available after December 1, 2012 for the Spring 2013 Match at: http://portal.dicas.org. or email DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
- The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2013. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to: DICAS - Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, Ma 02472.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
For the Clearing House Process - beginning April 9, 2013:
The Sage DI Program will NOT be participating in the DICAS Clearing House process.
Supplemental Application Information
In addition to the above online forms and documents, please complete the Sage DI Release Form and mail with the Sage DI Application Fee, post marked by
February 15, 2013 to:
Rayane AbuSabha, PhD, RD
The Sage Colleges
65 1st Street
Troy, NY 12180
1. Sage DI Application Release Form: complete one copy of this form:
Sage DI Release Form : an updated Release Form will be posted on April 5th - if the Sage DI has openings for interns
2. A check for $40.00 payable to The Sage Colleges must accompany each DI Application Release Form. This fee is waived for current Russell Sage College and Sage Graduate students and graduates. Only one application fee is required if applying to both the Dietetic Internship and Sage Graduate Schools.
3. If also applying to a MS degree program, a copy of the entire online packet will be forwarded to Sage Graduate Admission Office after the internship review process is concluded. An additional application fee is not required. The DI Recommendation Forms will be used in place of the Graduate School references. A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
1. Applicant Notification Day for the Computer Match process is April 7, 2013 beginning at 6:00 p.m. CDT via email from D&D Digital Systems. The Sage Dietetic Internship is not allowed to notify students prior to this date. Students must accept/reject the computer match within 48 hours of Notification Day.
2. Applicant Appointment Day: For the Sage Dietetic Internship, applicants are to fax or email the Program Director by 5:00 pm on April 9, 2013, to confirm the acceptance or rejection of the match: (518) 244-4586, email@example.com. The Sage Graduate School Dietetic Internship forwards a confirmation acceptance letter on or about April 15, 2013. Additional program information and directions pertaining to enrollment into the Sage DI are forwarded to each new intern at that time, as well as throughout the summer.