Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society
Founded in 1946, at Northwestern University, Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of adult undergraduate students continuing their studies, who achieve academic excellence while balancing the demands of home and work. The name, Alpha Sigma Lambda, stands for first in scholarship and leadership. In 1982, Sage organized the Gamma Nu Chapter for continuing education students on the Albany campus. Students are inducted each spring. Gold and burgundy honor cords are worn at commencement.
To qualify for Alpha Sigma Lambda:
- Matriculated in a bachelor's degree program in Sage After Work (SAW)
- Complete at least 24 credits in Sage After Work (SAW)
- Complete 12 liberal arts credits outside the major
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.80 or higher
- Students must be in the top 10% of the students meeting the criteria above
For more information about Alpha Sigma Lambda, please call (518) 292-1719.