Nursing Program Transfer Admission FAQs
[Nursing FAQ Header]
- What undergraduate Nursing programs are offered at The Sage Colleges?
- Does The Sage Colleges offer a two-year associate's degree program in Nursing?
- I am interested in the School of Professional and Continuing Education Nursing program. Does the information found on this page apply to me?
- When is the transfer applicant priority deadline for the Spring 2015 semester?
- When will priority decisions be mailed?
- What is the enrollment deadline if I am accepted to the Nursing program?
- Can I apply after the priority deadline?
- What are the current GPA requirements for the B.S. degree in Nursing program?
- What application materials are needed to complete my application?
- I am interested in learning more about the Nursing program. What are my next steps?
- What courses do I need to have completed before I can be admitted to the Fall and Spring start term Nursing programs?
- What are the courses a Nursing student will take to complete the B.S. Degree in Nursing at Russell Sage College?
- I would like to have my transcripts reviewed ahead of time before I apply, is this an option for me?
- I did not get accepted to the Nursing program at Russell Sage College. What are my options?
- Russell Sage College offers a comprehensive B.S. Degree in Nursing. This is a "daytime" program. Priority deadlines apply to this program ONLY. There are no pre requisites for this program.
- Russell Sage College offers an 18-month accelerated program with a summer start date. This is a "daytime" program. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree and have their nursing supporting courses completed before starting the program. Please see the catalog for a list of these supporting courses. The deadline for this program is October 1st of the year of entry.
- Sage College of Albany offers a program through School of Professional and Continuing Education for students who already possess a R.N. degree and seek to complete a B.S. in Nursing. Please note: qualified applicants for the evening program are required to have earned a R.N. degree in order to be eligible for this program.
- Not at this time. The undergraduate programs at Russell Sage College and School of Professional and Continuing Education are both B.S. in Nursing programs
- Not at this time. Please visit the School of Professional and Continuing Education Nursing page for more information. Also - please feel free to contact the Graduate and Adult Admission Office at 518-292-8615 with any questions.
- The application deadline for the Spring 2015 semester is October 1, 2014. Only applicants who have submitted ALL application materials will have their application reviewed. Please begin your free online application for the Fall 2014 semester at: www.sage.edu/apply
- All applications that are fully completed and submitted by the priority deadline will have decisions mailed on October 15, 2014. Admission decisions will not be available until that date.
- Accepted students will need to pay their enrollment deposit ($200 commuter, $300 resident) by November 15, 2014. Any open class spaces will be offered to students on a waitlist after the October 1st deadline.
- Not at this time. You may apply for future semesters, if interested.
- Candidates must have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA and 3.0 "Nursing classes" GPA in order to be accepted to the Nursing program. Candidates who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements will not be offered admission to Nursing program at Russell Sage College. Please keep in mind that an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher does not guarantee admission to the program. Many factors are considered when applications are reviewed.
- All official transcripts from previous institutions attended (high school transcripts are not needed if you have completed at least 30 college credits). Official transcripts are required in order to officially transfer your credits to Sage.
- One (1) letter of recommendation.
- One (1) personal statement.
- Completed FAFSA forms (The Sage Colleges 002810) that have been received by the Russell Sage College by October 15, 2014. Please call Student Services at 518-244-2201 to confirm reception of documents.
- The Nursing program at Russell Sage College does not require that prerequisite courses be taken prior to admittance. However, there are courses a student will need to successfully complete prior to being granted permission to register for upper-level nursing courses. Transfer credit for prerequisite coursework that has been taken at other institutions will honored according to The Sage Colleges Transfer Equivalency Policy. Please review our Transfer Credit Policy for more information.
- Please review our Nursing Program Guide to see the Nursing (B.S.) degree requirements. This page is an excellent resource for students who would like to estimate how long it would take to complete the Nursing program.
- Transcript evaluation and the awarding of credits from previous institutions takes place once a student is accepted. Full evaluations will not be available for students who have not been accepted to the program. For information about prerequisite course transfer please consult our Nursing Program Guide.
- It is heavily advised that you have received grades of 3.0-4.0 on prerequisite coursework. It will drastically improve the possibility of admission to the program.
- For questions about specific courses (not full transcript evaluation), please contact our registrar office at 518-292-1787.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer admission to all nursing candidates. Admission decisions for a particular semester are final and special circumstances will not be considered.
- Students who meet the 3.0 GPA requirement may apply the next consecutive semester.
- Students who do not meet the 3.0 GPA requirement may re-apply to the program after one calendar year has passed. In order to improve the chances of being admitted to the program, it is suggested that coursework be taken at other institutions to raise overall and science GPAs. It is highly suggested that appointments to meet with the Office of Admission or Nursing faculty be scheduled only after successfully improving GPAs at other institutions.
This page is for reference only. The Sage Colleges Office of Admission and Russell Sage College Nursing Department reserve the right to change policies at any time.