HEOP Eligibility Requirements
First Year Admission Criteria
- Be a resident of New York State
- Possess a New York high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a high school GPA and/or Testing below the regular RSC admission guidelines
- Demonstrate the academic potential and motivation for satisfactory completion of a degree program
- Meet New York State academic and financial guidelines
The HEOP Director and the Admissions committee will consider applicants who demonstrate academic potential but whose combined SAT scores are 899 or lower and/or high school grade point average is between 79 and 73. Applicants whose average regents test scores are below 70, may still be considered, especially if they have a higher GPA, but low testing.
Students should have already completed the courses, math, science, history, English and a foreign language. For specific requirements contact a RSC admissions counselor.
For the Law School, Health professions, Math/Engineering, and Education SAT scores and grade point averages can be higher because regular admission standards in these areas are higher. Students should have completed classes in math, science, history, English, and a foreign language.
Transfer Admission Criteria
To Transfer to RSC through HEOP, students must currently be, or have previously been enrolled in an approved HEOP, EOP, SEEK, or College Discovery Program. Transfer admission for HEOP is on a space available basis.
The following guidelines delineate the HEOP transfer admissions process:
- Transfer students must be admitted to an RSC academic program prior to seeking admission to HEOP. Remember to check the HEOP box on the RSC application. It is important that our office have your current mailing address and daytime phone number.
- Next, students should contact the HEOP Office for additional admission details. The HEOP Office handles this part of the admissions process directly since general admission to RSC does not ensure admission through HEOP.
- Photocopy of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form Once all the documentation has been received, HEOP will send a letter of confirmation
Before HEOP can approve admission, the following information must be forwarded directly to the HEOP Office:
- RSC HEOP Transfer Verification Form: When the RSC HEOP Office is aware of your decision to transfer, this form will be sent to your present college's program office.
- RSC Credit Evaluation: This form details the number of semesters needed for graduation, institutions attended, and credits awarded from all previous academic institutions.