How to Access Your Benefits
Alumni must obtain an alumni card, which verifies status as a graduate. Click here to apply for a free alumni card. Contact the Office of Alumni Relations via email at email@example.com, or contact the Office of Alumni Relations by telephone at (518) 244-2242.
Admissions and Tuition Benefits
Alumnae/i of Russell Sage College, Sage College of Albany (formerly Sage JCA), and Sage After Work (formerly Sage Evening College) are eligible for a 10% discount of their first 6 credit hours at Sage Graduate School, as well as an application fee waiver.
Alumni Legacy Scholarships
Alumnae/Alumni Award is valued at $1,000/year, is given to first-time, full-time freshmen or transfer students (accepted to Russell Sage College or Sage College of Albany) whose parents or grandparents graduated from one of The Sage Colleges. This award is renewable for up to 3 additional years provided that the student remain in good academic standing and maintains full-time status. (Total possible award $4,000)
Recreation and Fitness Facilities
Although most of the facilities listed below are located on the Troy campus, they are available for use by all Sage Colleges alumni for an annual fee of $75. For more information, contact the Recreation Department at 518-244-2283.
- Located on the lower level of the Kahl Campus Center, THE FITSTOP is home to 8 pieces of cardio equipment including a Precor EFX546 Cross Trainer, a Precor EFX556 Total Body, an upright bike, a recumbant bike, a Lifefitness Treadmill, a Precor Treadmill and two Concept II Rowers, as well as a newly added Cybex Eagle Strength Circuit made up of 11 machines and a free weight section. Other ammenities at THE FITSTOP include 2 color televisions with cable, a stereo, 52 square feet of mirrors, lockers, and stability balls and discs.
- Robison Athletic & Recreation Center. Home to the Russell Sage College Gator intercollegiate athletic teams, Robison serves as the main athletic facility.
- The Gator Pit Weight and Fitness Center: 10-piece LifeFitness weight circuit, EFX Precor Elliptical machine, Nordic Trak, treadmills, stair climbers, exercise bikes, free weight station.
- Tennis Courts Four lighted tennis courts available when not in use by student groups.
- Recreation Classes: Structured recreation opportunities are offered on both campuses and may include aerobics, yoga, self-defense/kickboxing, or CPR classes. Certified instructors teach and provide the necessary equipment. Most classes require pre-registration and have an associated minimal fee.
Academic Computing Centers
Alumni have access to the computer labs in Froman Hall on the Albany campus (518-292-1913) and in the lower level of Bush Memorial on the Troy campus (518-244-2352). Contact each lab for hours of operation and information on the technology available, or visit the Sage Computer Centers webpage.
- The Sage Colleges is committed to serving its alumni through a variety of career development services. Graduates are welcome at the two Career Centers - on the second floor of Vanderheyden Hall in Troy and at Kahl Campus Center 201 in Albany. Alumni can receive assistance with their resume, cover letter, interviewing skills, job search, and assessment. Full-time and part-time employment leads are always available. A credential file of academic and professional letters of reference can be created and distributed by the RSC Career Services office. The two Career Fairs held each spring are also open to our graduates.
- Alumni can access career information through the career services link on the Sage web site at www.sage.edu. The pages for career services will continue to be updated in an effort improve the resources available to its constituencies. Links to career sites, self-assessment, and employment opportunities as well as information on how to research employers, salary information, cost of living comparisons, and relocation information are available on-line.
- Alumni can also volunteer to participate in programs such as job shadowing, internships and career panels. They can also recruit on campus, post jobs, offer internships, and participate in the annual Career Fairs as an employer.
- To make an appointment with a counselor, call (518) 244-2272 on the Troy Campus and (518) 292-1793 on the Albany Campus. Career Counselors can also be reached at their e-mail addresses posted on the web pages. Evening appointments can be arranged.
- Sage Horizons, the magazine for alumni of all The Sage Colleges
- Sage Crossroads, a publication for alumni of Sage JCA, Sage Evening College, Sage College of Albany, Sage After Work and Sage Graduate School
In Albany, the library is located at 140 New Scotland Avenue, between Froman Hall and the residence hall. To contact the Albany campus library, please call 518-292-1721.
In Troy, the James Wheelock Clark Library is located at 40 Ferry Street and can be reached by calling 518-244-2249.