2014 Award Recipient
Ronnye Berg Shamam' 64 was presented The Doris Crockett Medal at this year’s
Reunion. This award is the highest honor the Alumnae Association bestows upon a Russell Sage graduate. The award recognizes an alumna’s lifetime of commitment to Russell Sage, her achievements in career, community, family and her personal qualities of integrity and loyalty – all reflecting the woman who was Dean Doris Crockett Davie. The presentation ceremony took place on Saturday May 31, 2014 during the Annual Meeting of the Alumnae Association at the Bush Memorial Center on the Russell Sage campus.
Call for Award Nominations
Please submit your nomination, at any time, along with supporting background about the candidate using the attached form by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Russell Sage College Alumnae Association
Slingerland Alumnae House
65 1st Street
Troy NY 12180
Awards and Award Descriptions
Crockett Medal Award
(Dean Doris L. Crockett award for distinguished service)
To be considered for the Crockett Medal Award, the highest award given by the Alumnae Association, candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Should have shown loyalty to and consistent interest in the College.
- To have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a chosen career field or in significant community service.
- Be recognized for having high level of integrity of character.
Woman of Influence Award
The Award honors RSC alumnae who have achieved a high level of success in living out the ideals expressed in our motto: To be, To know, To do
The alumna will be honored for making a contribution to society and/or in their field that is truly remarkable. This award is exclusive of service to the College and is not intended to compete with the Crockett nor the Young Alum Award.
Award to an Outstanding "Young Alumna"
(Marion Hughes Reuss 45 award)
Should be awarded within 15 years of graduation.
Types of accomplishments to be considered:
- Recognized as having attained a higher level in career than might be expected at this time period.
- Significant research in progress.
- Professional Organization: Has made a significant contribution to the organization as noted, for example, by election to high office or by an award from colleagues.
- Artistic or Literary Achievement in the creative and/or performing arts.
- Community Service: Community recognition for service.