Mission Statement and Outcomes
- To provide the educational opportunities for individual students to develop theatre skills which they may use in the professional theatre community;
- To contribute to the community a highly educated group of creative and well-rounded individuals dedicated to the theatrical arts;
- To prepare individuals to audition, communicate and interact successfully with theatre professionals.
Student Learning Outcomes for Musical Theatre and Theatre majors are listed below. Upon successful completion of a major in the department, a graduate will:
- Demonstrate facility with theatre and musical theatre acting methods and related theatre technical skills.
- Communicate regarding historical and cultural influences within their art form.
- Listen and respond in an intelligent, thoughtful manner.
- Communicate with, audition for, and interact successfully with theatre professionals.