Department / Alumni News
Sage on Stage
- Class and Play (Hell and High Water) looks at natural disaster - READ TIMES UNION ARTICLE
- Creative & Performing Arts Students take part in the MoHu Fest - READ TROY RECORD ARTICLE
- YNN Reports on Theatre Institute at Sage and Seussical
- "Seussical the Musical Plants the Seed for a Mighty Oak" - READ TROY RECORD REVIEW!
- Follow the NEW Theatre Institute at Sage in the News...
- Assistant Professor Leigh Strimbeck, Co-Artistic Director of WAM Theatre, is one of many actors from Sage taking part in WAM's 24 Hour Capital Region/Berkshires Theatre Project at the end of March 2011.
- Sage Associate Professor David Baecker will be directing "Full Gallop" starring Assistant Professor Leigh Strimbeck for Theater Voices in May 2011.
- Sage Student David Girard recently directed Harold Pinter's "Hothouse" for Theater Voices in April 2011.
- Sage's FALL 2010 Production of "Peter Pan the Musical" garnered some positive local press, including this review by the Troy Record's Bob Goepfert: FULL STORY
- Sage Student Olivia Mogul recently appeared in Capital Repertory's production of Abe Burrows' romantic 1965-set comedy Cactus Flower: PLAYBILL.COM
- Sage Alum Shannon Rafferty recently finished understudying 4 Roles (yes, ALL 4), in "The Marvelous Wonderettes" at Capital Repertory through July and August 2010 Read more: FULL STORY
- Sage Alum Emily Curro recently performed in"Private Lives" at Shanghai Repertory Theater in China as well as Equity Stage Managing for the Women's Action Movement as well several other professional companies.
- Sage Alum Alex Tarantelli played Mayella Ewell last Spring in Capital Repertory's seminal production of "To Kill a Mockingbird"
Find out what kind of Performing Arts Career you can have on stage and off. Go to our Musical Theatre and Theatre Program Pages for MORE INFO!
Bright Lights Big City
Alex Tarantelli '08 (right, in photo ) participated in SpringboardNYC, a summer training intensive for aspiring theatre artists. Administrated by the American Theatre Wing (founder of the Tony Awards), SpringboardNYC is designed for serious students looking to take the plunge into the New York theatre world. "I got to see Broadway shows, meet directors, agents and casting directors and ask questions, work on my audition pieces, and also make great friends," said Tarantelli. "After SpringboardNYC, I feel more educated, more connected, and more confident in myself, and I can't wait to try my hand in the city.
During the two week program, Tarantelli participated in training sessions and workshops that will help her find jobs in the New York theatre community after she graduates. Taught by industry professionals, sessions included audition training with directors and casting directors and seminars with the industry's leading agents, managers as well as intimate conversations with working actors from stage and screen.
For information, visit www.americantheatrewing.org/springboardnyc/
Education through Performance
The Creative and Performing Arts Department is committed to providing Arts-in-Education opportunites to area schools, colleges, kids and adults! Check out the NEW Educational Programming available through the NEW Theatre Institute at Sage!