INVEST, the premier center for innovation and entrepreneurship in New York’s Capital Region and Tech Valley, is comprised of three components – John Paine Lab Facility, Esteves CIE, and ISES.
John Paine Lab Facility
- Incubator Chemistry Labs – John Paine Building
- 8,801 sq. ft. of combined wet-chemistry lab and office space.
- Facilitates student, staff and faculty exchange for internships and projects.
- Cornerstone and core of the overall project.
Esteves Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Third floor of Hart Hall
- Utilized for a range of business ventures from additional support for the wet-chemistry lab facility to IT, non-tech businesses and micro-enterprises having standard office needs.
- Entrepreneur in Residence
- Student Entrepreneur Society
- INVEST Wall of Fame
ISES – Laboratories for Interdisciplinary Studies and Emerging Sciences
- Academic research arm of the INVEST lab facility.
- Operated by the department of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Designed around the principle that physical science forms the foundation for the study of all natural phenomena.
- ISES will encourage basic interdisciplinary research in emerging sciences and technologies.
- Proximity to the incubator labs facilitates interactions between RSC students and faculty with incubator employees.