ACE / OWHE NYS Conference
Weaving the Threads of Women’s Leadership in Higher Education
Date: Friday, June 24th, 2011
Time: 8:00 am
Duration: 8 hours, 30 minutes
Sponsored by: News + Events
Contact: Kurt Eye
Sampling of Conference Threads/Strands: Important Leadership Qualities, Finance Management, Institutional Advancement and Government Relations, Diversity, Navigating the Waters of Higher Education.
Luncheon Keynote: Dr. Nancy Zimpher, SUNY Chancellor
Plus, Presidential Perspectives Panel, Networking and More!!
The New York State Network for Women Leaders in Higher Education is an informal network of women administrators, faculty, and others associated with or supportive of higher education in New York state. Formed under the auspices of the Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE) of the American Council on Education (ACE) in 1977, the New York State Network is part of THE NETWORK, a national network organized by states and headed by coordinating committees within each state.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE N.Y.S. NETWORK?
The New York State Network seeks:
- to develop and promote the advancement of women in high education in New York state
- to increase the number, visibility, and influence of women in leadership roles in higher education
- to establish linkages among and between women and trustees, legislators, policy makers, search firms, and other organizations
- to develop an agenda of policy issues affecting women in higher education
- to support, encourage, and strengthen the state and regional
For more information about this event, and to register click here.