Sage to Host Women in Higher Ed Conference June 23-24
New York State ACE/OWHE Annual Meeting and Conference to be held June 23 – June 24, 2011, The Sage Colleges, Russell Sage Campus, Troy, NY
The Sage Colleges is pleased to announce that the 2011 American Council on Education/Office of Women in Higher Education New York State Conference, "Weaving the Threads of Women’s Leadership," will be held at The Sage Colleges, Russell Sage campus, on June 23-24, 2011. On June 24, Dr. Nancy L. Zimpher, Chancellor, State University of New York will speak on "Succeeding as Women in Higher Education." Sage's President Susan Scrimshaw will be serving on this year's Presidential Panel.
The New York State Network for Women Leaders in Higher Education is an informal network of women administrators, faculty, and others associated with or supportive of higher education in New York state. Formed under the auspices of the Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE) of the American Council on Education (ACE) in 1977,the New York State network is part of THE NETWORK, a national network organized by states and headed by coordinating committees within each state.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE N.Y.S. NETWORK?
The New York State Network seeks:
- to develop and promote the advancement of women in high education in New York state
- to increase the number, visibility, and influence of women in leadership roles in higher education
- to establish linkages among and between women and trustees, legislators, policy makers, search firms, and other organizations
- to develop an agenda of policy issues affecting women in higher education
- to support, encourage, and strengthen the state and regional
Conference and registration details, as well as membership information for the Northern-Capital Region of ACE/OWHE are available at:
http://www.nyacenet.org/events.html, or by contacting Lori Quigley, Ph.D., Dean of the School of Education, at 518 244-2326 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org