Sage Named to 2014 “New York Colleges of Distinction” List
Albany and Troy, NY – The Sage Colleges have been recognized as a 2014 “New York College of Distinction.” This is the third year in a row Sage has earned the designation.
“Colleges of Distinction” is a college guide that recognizes colleges which are the best places to learn, to grow, and to succeed. The goal of “Colleges of Distinction” is to provide students, counselors, and parents with information about schools that excel in the quality of their teaching, the atmosphere of their campuses and the success of their graduates.
To earn the distinction schools must meet be:
- Recognized by education professionals as excellent schools;
- Focused on teaching undergraduates;
- Home to a wide variety of innovative learning experiences;
- Active campuses with many opportunities for personal development; and
- Valued by graduate schools and employers for their outstanding preparation
According to the guide, schools that are named as “Colleges of Distinction” take a holistic approach to admissions decisions, consistently excel in providing undergraduate education, and have a truly national reputation. Their classrooms are among the most exciting in the country and their programs are some of the most innovative.
The “Colleges of Distinction” guide gives students, counselors, and parents an unbiased look at the college admissions process. It explores the myths surrounding college admissions, provides tools for self-assessment, and offers insights from college admissions professionals, high school counselors, students, and parents. You can read more about New York Colleges of Distinction here.
Media Contact: Deanna Cohen, director of external relations, The Sage Colleges
(518) 244-4593 (O), (518) 598-4927 (C), email: email@example.com