Are you looking for real world experience in your field of interest? An internship is pre-professional work experience related to your major and career goals. An internship enables you to connect the knowledge and skills you have gained in your coursework with real world applications. Internships provide insights into the dynamics of the field in which you are working, foster the development of professional skills and allow you to explore personal interests.
[School of Management Interns]
The following websites provide internship opportunities in the Capital Region:
- TechValleyInternships.org - Search for Capital Region internships by area of interest. Sponsored by the Center for Economic Growth.
- SageLink - Search Job Postings with "position type" = Internships.
- NYS Civil Service Office - Information on the assembly, senate, dormitory authority, environmental conservation and more.
- New York State Business Directory - This provides you with a listing of over 600,000 private sector businesses in New York State. Simply select a county and specific occupation and view a list of businesses that are most likely to employ that occupation.
- Capital District Business Review - The Business Review is a comprehensive and updated source of information on businesses in the Capital Region. Among other things you can research businesses, get ideas of businesses that may serve as potential sites for internships, learn of new and emerging businesses, and search for jobs.
- IMDiversity.com - This is a career and self-development site for job seekers of diverse backgrounds.
- INROADS - This site lists internships for minority students - various positions and geographic areas.
- Idealist.org - Search the database of over 21,000 non-profit organizations.
- Grassroots.org - For those students with web design or graphic design experience.
- Creative Interns - Strives to connect businesses, interns and educational institutions for the purpose of building creative careers, expanding the educational experience and simplifying the internship search process