In the case of a power outage, follow these basic guidelines:
- Determine the extent of the outage.
- Is it just your building?
- Does it involve several buildings?
- Is it campus wide?
- Does it extend beyond the campus?
- Call Public Safety at 3177
- Do not call Niagara Mohawk. They already know about it. The Public Safety dispatcher will be the liaison with Niagara Mohawk.
- Know the location of emergency lights, which will assist you to exit the building if necessary. Know that they only work for a short period of time.
- Know the location of "Power Failure" stations and how to use the telephones there.
- Unplug electric appliances and electronic equipment to avoid a surge when power is restored.