New Student Information
(Note: it is critical that you check here frequently for updated network information)
All students are provided accounts to access: MySage (e-mail and communications portal), Moodle (course management system), SageNet (the campus network, linked to the Internet), and electronic library databases. For further information on your new Sage IT accounts, click here.
Computer labs and classrooms are equipped with Microsoft Office 2007 and other program specific software.
All residence halls provide both wired and wireless Internet access. Voicemail and basic cable TV services are also provided.
- For information how to use voice-mail, click here.
What you'll need:
- Personal computers are not generally required (except in the Graphic Design, Photography, and Interior Design Programs) but are highly recommended for all students. The College has arrangements with Dell Computer for discounted computer purchases. A similar arrangement is in place with Apple Computer for programs with Macintosh requirements.
- Living on Campus?? You will need the following:
- A coax cable to connect your TV to the wall jack.
- A network cable to connect your PC or laptop to the wired network connection in your room.
Network Requirements for connecting a computer to the network:
- Use a currently licensed anti-virus program that has auto updating and is up to date with the latest virus definitions. If you do not have an anti-virus program, AVG is available for free online, but is not officially endorsed by Sage.
- Maintain current OS patches.
- A current Anti-Spyware solution such as Microsoft Windows Defender. Available at The Microsoft Website
Please take a few moments to browse tech services to learn about the user policies, computing services and facilities available to you at Sage, and check back frequently. Look for our IT staff during your orientation visit. We will be available to answer questions and provide clarification.