3 + 3 Program Admission Requirements
Exceptionally prepared women entering Russell Sage College from high school or transferring from another undergraduate institution complete the requirements for their major, RSC general education courses, and DPT program prerequisites during their first three years of study. Qualified students who meet DPT program requirements accelerate into the DPT graduate courses the summer after their third year to complete their bachelor's degree during their fourth year.
High School Applicants
Women students who are admitted to the pre-professional level of the DPT program directly from high school are guaranteed continuation into the professional DPT program providing all prerequisite courses and academic requirements are met in a 3+3 accelerated program. The successful high school applicant will demonstrate the following academic profile:
- High school overall grade point average (GPA) of 90 percent
- High school science GPA of 90 percent
- Combined SAT score of 1100 with a minimum of 500 in the Verbal SAT and Math SAT
- Class rank in top third
Undergraduate transfer students who have completed courses at other institutions may apply for admission to the accelerated program, with acceptance based on space availability, students' qualifications, and previous college coursework. Transfer students must complete a minimum of one academic year at RSC prior to entering the PT program, during which time college undergraduate major coursework, general education requirements and PT program course prerequisites must be completed.
Russell Sage College and the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program has articulation agreements with 2-year institutions that provides a seamless transfer into Russell Sage College and guarantees admission to the DPT Program.
The successful transfer applicant will demonstrate the following academic profile:
- Overall 3.0 GPA for all college coursework
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in PT Program prerequisite science coursework completed to date (Anatomy & Physiology I and II; Cell Biology, Chemistry I and II; and Physics I and II)
- Minimum grade of "C" or better in all PT Program prerequisite courses to be transferred from another institution
Requirements for Acceleration into the DPT Program
In addition to meeting the requirements for admission to Sage Graduate School, the following criteria must be met in order to accelerate into the DPT Program:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 system)
- Minimum science grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 system) in the required science courses.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses for the professional DPT Program with a grade of "C" or better in each required course.
- Completion of the acceleration process:
- Student in the 3+3 accelerated program need to have completed 90 credits (includes RSC general education requirements, undergraduate major requirements and PT program prerequisites) towards their undergraduate degree prior to beginning the DPT program.
Prerequisites course titles and numbers for students enrolled at Russell Sage College:
|Credit||DPT Prerequisite Courses|
|4||Anatomy & Physiology I = BIO 201|
|4||Anatomy & Physiology II = BIO 202|
|4||Cell Biology = BIO 220|
|4||Chemistry I = CHM 103 or CHM 111|
|4||Chemistry II = CHM 104 or CHM 112|
|4||Physics I w/ lab = PHY 101 or PHY 107|
|4||Physics II w/ lab = PHY 102 or PHY108|
|3||Introduction to Psychology = PSY 101|
|3||Human Development = PSY 202|
|3||Statistics = MAT 220 or PSY 207 or ECO 215|
For more information on admission and financial aid, go to Sage's Office of Admission.