Procedures for Acceleration into the MS in OT Program
(for RSC students completing the 3+2 BA or BS Leading to the MS in Occupational Therapy)
By January 15 of the third year (or equivalent) of undergraduate academic study at RSC, students who are accelerating into the MS in OT Program will:
1) Complete forms for admission into OT Program:
a) Academic Standards Statement
b) Clinical Observation Hours Documentation
c) Program Prerequisite Record
2) Submit current resume
All the above forms should be forwarded to the OT Department.
Academic Standards for Acceleration into the MS in OT Program
Russell Sage College students will accelerate into the MS in Occupational Therapy Program who demonstrate the following:
- Completion of RSC major requirements, general education courses and OT Program prerequisites during the first three years of undergraduate study with minimum 3.25 grade point average (GPA).
- For students who need additional time to achieve a 3.25 GPA, fourth year coursework would consist of college electives by advisement. The first formal review of students’ transcripts will take place after the fall semester of the third year (or equivalent).
- Completion of OT Program prerequisite courses with minimum grade of “C” or better in each course:
BIO 201/202 Anatomy & Physiology I and II
PHY 101 Physics I
PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
PSY 202 Human Development
PSY 308 Abnormal Psychology
SOC 101 Sociology or HSC 206 Health/Culture
PSY 207 or MAT 220 Statistics
- Documentation of at least 20 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of an occupational therapist before beginning the professional program (see observation documentation form). For all students, we strongly recommend that you complete your clinical observations as early as possible.
- Documentation of progress in prerequisite completion on Program Prerequisite Record.