BS Health Sciences
LOTS OF JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
If you're interested in health and wellness and want a good career, then our BS Health Science program is for you! This program provides you with cutting-edge courses (culture & health, complementary medicine, medical ethics) and a strong science foundation to prepare you for an advanced degree in a health field.
You can prepare to become an Exercise Physiologist or Health Educator. And you could sit for certification to become a health and fitness professional by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)!
Get a job in Public Health or go to graduate programs in Public Health.
AND look what else you can do:
Enroll in a professional graduate degree program to become a:
- Speech & Language Pathologist
- Clinical Psychologist or Community Psychologist
- Health Administrator, Physician, or Dentist
Or go to work...
- Promote health in a non-profit, community based organization like the American Heart Association
- Develop and implement policies and programs in government public health agencies
- Design, market, deliver or manage corporate health and wellness programs
- Advocate for health in a complex health care environment
The possibilities are endless with a BS Health Sciences degree!
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Human Health and Wellness: Demonstrate a broad understanding of contemporary issues in health and wellness across the lifespan; measure and analyze a wide variety of human health and performance parameters.
2. Human Behavior: Apply psychological and social understanding to analyze health behaviors and outcomes.
3. Critical Thinking: Evaluate potential solutions to issues in health and wellness.
4. Scientific Inquiry: Formulate hypotheses and solve problems to address research questions.
5. Written and Oral Communication: Effectively convey information through writing and speech.
6. Professional Collaboration: Cooperate with others by providing and accepting peer feedback and working toward shared goals; taking on leadership roles when appropriate.
7. Cultural Competence: Demonstrate an understanding of the intersections between culture and health and recognizing its influence on provider-patient interactions and health outcomes.
8. Ethical Responsibility: Apply the principles of ethical analysis to issues in health and health care.