If you're interested in health and wellness and believe a career as a health care professional is for you or if you're looking for an undergraduate program with a strong science foundation to prepare you for an advanced degree in a health related field, Health Sciences is the program for you. Health Sciences is a pre-professional program that prepares students for employment or graduate education in health and human service areas growing fields that need people like you. According to the US Department of Labor, the health care/services industry is an excellent growth area due in part to an aging population, advances in medical technology, and a shift from inpatient to outpatient services.
- Enrolling in a professional graduate degree program to become a:
- Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech & Language Pathologist
- School Health Educator, Community Health Educator
- Clinical Psychologist, Community Psychologist or Counseling & Community Psychologist
- Health Administrator, Physician, Dentist, etc.
- Promoting health in a non-profit, community based organization like the American Heart Association
- Developing and implementing policies and programs in government public health agencies
- Designing, marketing, delivering or managing corporate health and wellness programs
- As a change agent, advocating for health in a complex health care environment
What you will earn
Because a Health Sciences degree can prepare you for a multitude of health care employment settings, your earning potential is vast. Check the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook for current salaries.
Accelerated Graduate Degrees
The Health Sciences majors at Russell Sage College are also eligible to apply for acceleration into graduate programs in Occupational Therapy (3+2 Bachelor's/MS in OT) and Physical Therapy (3+3 Bachelor's/DPT).